[Helping Others] Finally, i found a graphical setting/drivers that made T:V silky

Rev_Night

Welches
Veteran XV
For the past few weeks, i have been plauged by either bad graphics and high fps or high graphics and bad fps for T:V. this was puzzling b/c of the high end system that i have. I demand pretty shazbot and high fps, and i finally am able to get both. For those of you that care and have about the same setup as i do, here is what i have:

amd 2800+
1 gig pc2700 ram
9800xt,Catalyst 4.11, AA= 2x (temporal checked), AF = 16x

My T:V settings:
All 'Very High''
Res 800x600

The effect? Due to the new drivers, i am getting a high average of 60fps. And that is with vsync on. The beauty about running in 800x600 resolution is that not only do your FPS increase, but they increase so much that running it at 2x/16x is just fine. WIth my setup, my image quality and fps's are better running it at Very High @800x600. 2aa (temporal)/16af with 60 fps then at High@1024, 2aa/2af with around 40 fps. The higher IQ settings with the 800x600 make it so that you can not tell the difference between that and the 1024setting.

just a thought for those who are not happy with their fps in t:v.

I run at 800x600 with my x800 pro, 2.4 p4, 1gig pc 3200 ram...and still get crappy fps with mid-low settings. I love my life :\

the reason for the increasing fps when using AA and AF is that the calculations are being send to the GPU (grafic proc unit) so that the CPU has less usage and so it can calculate other stuff

Zillode said:
the reason for the increasing fps when using AA and AF is that the calculations are being send to the GPU (grafic proc unit) so that the CPU has less usage and so it can calculate other stuff

No.

Darklord said:
I run at 800x600 with my x800 pro, 2.4 p4, 1gig pc 3200 ram...and still get crappy fps with mid-low settings. I love my life :\

psst....what the orig poster is really saying.... GO GET THE NEW DRIVERS....

They fixed alot of issues. The 4.11's made a huge difference for most people. Give them a shot.

Icculus said:
What was the bug?

CATALYST 4.11 includes a memory allocation bug fix for all AGP RADEON™ products with 256 of MB of memory that significantly improves performance for applications that make intensive us of graphics memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillode
mc-fine said:

Way to go, vet^3. Care to let the rest of us in on the secret?

Back