Server admins need to put new finalized maps on their servers

{A} PR24

Veteran X
If you look at the server list the amount of servers running customs maps is almost zero.

There are at least 4 finished maps that the public seems to enjoy yet server admins have not all added these. I know for a fact Verdant and Stormdance people have loved and those are both final maps. Feign was a huge success in it's final best test and we should see that in a week as a final map too. DX seems to have maintained a beta status so we should just add that to all the servers too.

Can server admins who are running custom maps please post up.

Yes please do...also please run something on your server to detect aimbot. PR and I were in a server today and it was very obvious at least one person was using aimbot.

Wolfhunt said:
Yes please do...also please run something on your server to detect aimbot. PR and I were in a server today and it was very obvious at least one person was using aimbot.

Yeah Wolf at this point I play one orr two maps get tired of it and leave pubbing. Just waiting for PunkBuster to get released now. Then pubs will be fun again. Plus with GUID's and IP tracking through alius finder server admins can figure out wo the smurfs are.

But I digress ;)

I am asking server admins especially 5150's, Tribalwars and the other highly played pub servers can you please add FINAL/FINISHED maps. No betas just the finished maps please and thanks.

OK will do. Ill remove all beta maps.. The server will be cleaned out somtime tonite.

Server name will now say

~~ DEATH ROW ~~ NEW MAPS NO BETA'S!

When its completed!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
We presently have all those maps loaded.. however, the problem lies in end users not having those maps loaded already and the server empties everytime one of those maps hits in the rotation.

Fix that and talk to me later. =)

|CO|Kapeket!! said:
We presently have all those maps loaded.. however, the problem lies in end users not having those maps loaded already and the server empties everytime one of those maps hits in the rotation.

re-directs? that or the community itself needs to wake the eff up.
edit: not so much the community itself so much as the competition admins need to recognize these maps as comp/pub worthy, and pretty much make them required.

|CO|Kapeket!! said:

My hope is if peeps know the servers run the maps they will DL and play them. I know Verdant has over 230 DL's from TW and mine was released one week before and it had 170 DL's from my server, as well as the 90+ on TW.

Also once TWL map council addes maps to the comp rotation this will help as well.

I'd say TCS should wait about a month, then they'll have some great new maps (RD, feign, damnation, etc.) which they can add in if they see fit.

Then server admins will, of course :)

Ok Guys!!

I just cleaned out my server of all the beta's

the following new maps are on my server and are not beta's to my knowledge:

* MP-DGSP-Mercy
* MP-DropzoneWasted_V2
* MP-Dunes
* MP-Glacier02
* MP-Guillotine
* MP-ImperiuM
* MP-Stormdance
* MP-TheGap
* MP-Verdant

My redirection server is on a OC3

I was thinking about doing this anyway. Because Im lazy hehehe. Tired of updating maps every other day.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Calder said:
I'd say TCS should wait about a month, then they'll have some great new maps (RD, feign, damnation, etc.) which they can add in if they see fit.

Then server admins will, of course :)

Add great maps as they come out. Get exposure to these maps so people can decide on comp play as well. The team founders/captains have had a say in adding and subtracting maps in the past. However these final versions need to get exposer and played to hell and back :)

I was on Mofo's Puta house the other day and the server switched to CanyonCrusade. Loaded real fast due to small size and everyone loved it. First real full pub i've had with a custom map.

A server message or logo thing to say "Wait for custom map to download" or some hint at match end saying what map is next would help until IG fixes the redirect stuff.

If someone could put a MapPack together for the community, that'll be great. It's hard looking for all the custom maps individually.

Redirect in effect now.

As far as ladder play goes, the question is, if two teams agree in match comms to play a new map, is it a legal match? Can't see why it wouldn't be.

Back