[Beta-Release] MP-Firstblood

DSEZ

Veteran X
This map is a single player map that has been converted into a multiplayer arena map. This map is in beta and i would love suggestions, ideas, and if you find a bug to report it to me at dsez89@Yahoo.com.

3054-1.jpg

3054-2.jpg

3054-3.jpg

3054-4.jpg

http://maps.tribalwar.com/mapdetails.php?mapid=24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Bug: Inventories are distructable will be fixed for final release.
Known: Small Arena Map for 2v2 to 4v4

Last edited:
dsez...

my advice:

1. take your time with maps. stop rushing them out

2. take time to properly TEST your maps. take pride in your work and make sure the map is compiled properly and runs on dedicated servers without problems. there is a MAPPING community where folks will test each others' maps at earlier stages before you post a pre-alpha map for the general public (calling it "beta").

3. stop posting so many threads and bumping them. you are giving yourself and mappers generally a BAD REPUTATION by seeming so petty, desperate and attention starved.

if you want people to recognize your work and to play these maps, then do it right. you've made perhaps a dozen threads in the past week and insist on bumping them all... around half-baked remake maps that arent even remotely finished.

stop it, please.

respectfully... TseTse

I totally agree with Zen. You can totally use elements from SP maps, but just copying and pasting things together and rushing them out the door is rediculous.

You should have 2 Threads MAX for a map. A beta, and then a release. If you want attention spend alot of quality time and come up with something original that will really impress us. Instead you released 2 versions of one map then made an all in one version and then had to rerelease it, thats really excessive for something I'm not even remotely interested in downloading.

I really encourage you to start making maps from scratch rather than copying everything from SP. You can use something like a base, or a tunnel thats fine but having MP gameplay shaped around something intended for SP gameplay does not work. That entire mission was designed for a solo insertion, I don't see how it could play out in MP.

ZenTseTse said:

if you want people to recognize your work and to play these maps, then do it right. you've made perhaps a dozen threads in the past week and insist on bumping them all... around half-baked remake maps that arent even remotely finished.

same thing from two people now... new mappers need to get a grip, and start coming up with ideas. biggest thing, before even starting on a map, is consider its playability in the community. will it be a good map for comp/pub play? is it relatively simple? is it balanced and fun? if any of these things are lacking, the map probably isnt going to make it mainstream. remember, UnReal engine has alot to offer. use it and make something up that's original, or if you feel the extreme need to remake a map, change it enough to make it "yours" but not so much that you ruin everything about what that map was in the past. mino is gonna be a perfect remake, with the exception of the forcefields (so far, FAIK, we havent been able to find anything to make the forcefields work t2 style). feign was remade by me with darker settings, new flag stand, and some terrain tweaks for the T:V physics. i believe someone is doing a katabatic remake... wont go into that, but i'd imagine he's trying to build it close to the original as well. Ashley is remaking scarabrae. there are alot of people that can help you test, like tsetse said. and if you're ever stuck on mapping ideas, go to a book or a movie rather than another FPS game. there's all sorts of ideas that you can find easily in the media for a "battleground". just take your time, stop rushing things. we all have a while, and so do you.

i am not really a new mapper, and i am making the map to be my own version. Only thing that is the same is that its arena, its in a sphere and its 0 grav.

DSEZ said:
i am not really a new mapper, and i am making the map to be my own version. Only thing that is the same is that its arena, its in a sphere and its 0 grav.
Try making a map from scratch :\

ZenTseTse said:
dsez...

my advice:

2. take time to properly TEST your maps. take pride in your work and make sure the map is compiled properly and runs on dedicated servers without problems. there is a MAPPING community where folks will test each others' maps at earlier stages before you post a pre-alpha map for the general public (calling it "beta").

3. stop posting so many threads and bumping them. you are giving yourself and mappers generally a BAD REPUTATION by seeming so petty, desperate and attention starved.

stop it, please.

respectfully... TseTse

I second this :signed:

DSEZ said:
i am learning the editor still.

i know nothing about:
building terrian
building a base
building a skybox

These are things you learn before you begin mapping. One must know the editor before utilizing it.

I know It feels cool to get respect from the Community for being one of "The Mappers", but There is such thing as "Too much of a good thing"

Dont burn everyone out and throw a new map at them every other day. Lets make sure the Quallity Maps are getting played, so that people will actually download and play them.

This is why I refuse to release Scarabrae untill EVERY major bug is worked out, and there are a few "Closed" tests.

Back