[Help]Total TribesEd Newb Here

Hell Phoenix

Veteran XV
whenever I open TribesED I can see all the buttons and such and I can see the file edit build brush bar and such but the area where you usually see the different planes is just plane white. Did I click something wrong to get it that way? This just randomly happened. I have opened a new map with a 512x512 area with sunny01 thing with meadows but it loads and then stays white. Whats uppppp?

No need to list them. I have been having troubles with the graphics card lately (Quadro 4 Pro XGL 128mb) so it probably is that. Just didn't think it would effect TribesEd since I can do everything fine except for gaming.

For some reason TVEd occasionally resets the view panes. Do the following;

Open the editor.
Click View>Viewports>Configure...
Select a configuration and click OK.

That should fix it :)

lol. personal recommendation, besides Santa's vid tutorials and #tvmappers in irc, is to pick an old map, t1 or t2, and try to recreate it. start simple (hell i did feign, whats simpler than 4 small bases and 2 flag platforms?) and work your way up, same as everything.

a good tutorial on the unreal editor was linked to me by cinderkarst back when i first started mapping...
www.planetunreal.com/architectonic/first_level.html

it helps you find your way around a bit, and explains alot of things in the editor. for what it doesnt, there are real people usually around in irc to answer questions.

Back