Horrible Stuttering

Legend

Veteran XX
In all of my games (T:V being one of them, naturally), I suffer from horrible stuttering. The stuttering affects both my sound, and my graphical FPS -- it also seems to only occur when I'm in areas with lots of sounds playing at once. This is more or less constant in Dawn of War, whilst in T:V it only really becomes a problem when I'm around bases or busy fights.

Now, I have used the Rivatuner stuttering fix which was posted before (with the blitting changed). I have also messed around with the hardware acceleration options in my sound control panel. Neither have helped whatsoever.

This is a seriously annoying problem, and I'd appreciate any help in finding the cause and a fix. I'm almost certain its related to sound, but my dilemma here is finding drivers for my rather ancient sound card. It's a sound blaster, but that's all I know -- and I only know this because it says so when I use the /soundcard option in my IRC hardware script. :) The card itself doesn't even have any visible markings on, which is daft. If there's a software way to find this out, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks for any help offered.

Edit: The problem was fixed -- at a cost. Whilst installing the new nvidia drivers released two days ago has pretty much killed the stuttering, my computer has randomly rebooted itself twice since installing them. I'd rather live with the latter than have a constantly messed up game, so I guess it is a GFX card issue after all. Somehow.

Last edited:
Do you have something connected to your parrallel port? Try disconnecting the printer/whatever from the parrallel port and see if that helps you.

Back