[Release] ingHUD

Cactusbone

Veteran X
hey all :)
i've made a limited ingHUD, it shows your team and enemy team sensor and gen status. also display a text when the radar isn't functional.
And it's shipped with an announcer (displaying "Your Team Generator is ONLINE" style announces with colors) !

download there :

http://www.cactusbone.com/tv/index.php?page=ingHUD

mandatory screen :
ingHUD.jpg

sounds like a good idea. but what if a team (Happens, not saying it ever necessarily will) has two sensors that are keyed to different base infos, or two different gens, say one that powers a base and one that powers a different forcefield somewhere else on the map?

PS not trying to knock it, this is a wonderful thing that i'm puttin into my system =)

Installed it, thanks!
EDIT: BTW On 1600x1200 it is covered by the radar. (I have scaled my radar by 2)
Small prob. though, fixed it in inghud.ini.

Last edited:
Geiss : well ... my tools wont work on that case ... but since i'm parsing messages to get data, i cant do anything about it ... except if the messages says "Blood eagle Base Generator Destroyed" or something to id the gen (or sensor) i cant do anything about it :)

and yup ppl will need to adapt the ini to their HUD :)

well there was a little conflict with FlagHUD, i've corrected it so ppl who downloaded it and uses FlagHUD need to update ...
sorry for the inconvenience :)

yup .u and installation instructions -> Removing FlagHUD respawnHUD
this is now handled by my script ... :)

this is how it should look like :

[TribesGUI.TribesRespawnHUD]
;HUDScriptType="FlagHUD.RespawnHUDScript"
HUDScriptType="ingHUD.ingRespawn"

its nice but 2 things

the original anouncer and the new overlap
id like to get rid of the old

id like something alot smaller
ie not letters saying enemy gen but maybe an icon with a green or red (traffic) light/sign next to it

ofc i dunno if thats possible but smaller would be nice

i'm currently using RelAnnouncer by Blei which announces flag status.

to remove the current Announcer completely (you cant remove only gen/sens or flag :( ) comment the complete [default_AnnouncementsWindow] section in TribesHUD.ini

as for making it smaller, you can change the displayed text and box sizes in the ini (diplayed text need the last fix (version 0.3) cuz it was bugged b4 :D).. i'll try to use icons too (was my first idea but faster to set text :D )

yea is it possible to do icons? right now the text is too big for me (playing at a low resolution). it'd be nice to have icons or smaller text that could go in the bottom left or bottom right of the screen. great job anyway tho, good idea.

Cactusbone said:
i'm currently using RelAnnouncer by Blei which announces flag status.

to remove the current Announcer completely (you cant remove only gen/sens or flag :( ) comment the complete [default_AnnouncementsWindow] section in TribesHUD.ini

as for making it smaller, you can change the displayed text and box sizes in the ini (diplayed text need the last fix (version 0.3) cuz it was bugged b4 :D).. i'll try to use icons too (was my first idea but faster to set text :D )

yes and thats why we test it for u :)
if u could add those instructions (anouncer) to readme id be thankful (some others too i bet)

version 0.5 is out !
i've included a stand-alone Announcer Replacement that will color code all messages (depending on what you say in the ini) and allow you to select which kind of messages you want to see (or not).
Also added a file to make FlagHUD compatible with that system (thanks to Byte for the source). It does not overwrite FlagHUD, simply adds functionnalities.

this will be the last version until a bug is found :)

Back