good old times..

also quite amusing:

Total votes: 10378
Answer Votes Percentage
Tribes 1 3602 34.7%
Tribes 2 6776 65.3%

Fargo: Ah, Tribes 1 vs. Tribes 2. See, this is a contest of wills. Will people prefer the old familiar classic that's been patched into stability? Or, will they prefer the new thing, the next big step, which is still unfortunately a bit buggy and rough around the edges? Shai, what do you think?

shaithis: I ... I don't know. I spent all my money on Black & White.

Fargo: How's that workin' out for ya?

shaithis: I gave it away for free a couple days later.

Fargo: What!?

shaithis: I don't want to talk about it.

[shaithis begins to quietly and methodically eat the turnbuckle.]

BitRaiser said:
Notice that T2 stomped all over T1 in their poll?

Notice that that's pitting a 2 year old game against a brand new one? Go figure.

John Rambo said:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010413...espy.com/stats/

#4 Tribes2 - 799 servers, 3608 players
#5 Tribes1 - 471 servers, 1574 players

those days, while indeed good, are not 'old', you late blossomer, you.

Current Most Popular Game Server:
Hostname: BarrysWorld - MegaGame
Players: 66
Game: Tribes 2

Yes, I know "it's a new game (tm)," but can you even imagine 66 players in a game of T:V... For some reason it makes me laugh out loud to think about it. And cry a bit inside since if 66 players were on one T:V server that would be 10-50% of everyone playing... God, how are we going to get more people into this game? Tribes is a very unique franchise in terms of gameplay, you'd figure all those people playing T1 and T2 in that screenshot would play T:V... have MMORPG's taken away all the tribes players?

AstralDemon said:
Wow.....Damn t2 use to have over 3k players & look at t:v....maybe a 1000 but usually effin 500 online playing.....
500-1000 people playing BASE ONLY.

Now add in future Shifter, Renegades, T1/2 classic and TR3 mods, and BAM! You have 3000 at the very least.

i hope for the sake of the community not too many mods come out... maybe a classic mod that speeds the play up a lil more, and shifter (not ren, dear god not ren... can you imagine aimbot and a VULCAN?!?) ... still, t2 it split the community somewhat having ren and b++ (later ren & classic, and then, after the ren community failed to uphold moral standards of no goatse, classic only)

edit: dear god i cant wait for tr3 though! BRING ON THE JETBALL! but make the ball a nice, big, pretty beachball, not that small ass thing that you cant see right now

Current Most Popular Game Server:

Hostname: BarrysWorld - MegaGame

Address: 213.221.174.9:28000

Players: 66

Game: Tribes 2

tv can barely handle 20

T:V can barely be called, Tribes.
Houstone Vehicles always seems to have about 40-50 players on at one time.
Thats what Tribes is. The more the merrier. Not less.

menes said:
T:V can bearly be called, Tribes.
Umm, no. That's only what Tribes 2 is.

menes said:
T:V can barely be called, Tribes.
That logic would make Planetside one of the greatest games ever created :rolleyes:

Techlogic said:
That logic would make Planetside one of the greatest games ever created :rolleyes:

If we were discussing planetside, maybe, but we aren't.
We be talking Tribes mp so try to stay up.
Damn, now I see why they dumbed it down.

menes said:
If we were discussing planetside, maybe, but we aren't.
We be talking Tribes mp so try to stay up.
Damn, now I see why they dumbed it down.
haha, You claimed that Houston Vehicles (the most recognizable laughing stock of T2 pubs) is what Tribes is about. That statement makes you lose all credibility whatsoever. When you say more is merrier, I took the meaning of your statement to the next level. I apologize you have blinders and cannot see beyond your tunnel vision.

So says you, but that contridicts the 50-60 players that always seem to on the site.
They're opinion vs yours? I'll go with the ones having rael tribes fun, versus the 10 or 11 newbies on the best T:V site.
Heck, you put Miami and Houston vehicles average player together and they equal or exceed most of T:V.
Plus T2 is over 5 years old built on old tech yet it still looks almost as good as the UT engine. I don't care for cartoony visual games anyway.

Back