People with FX Cards, what drivers to use?

intro

Veteran X
Has anyone with a geforce fx card played with the best drivers for T:V?

im currently getting rather horrible fps on low settings and trying to do all i can to fix... (5900xt @ nearly 5900u speeds)

I think the new 66.93 drivers work the best for me. I got a 6800 GT and it gave me lots of stuttering on any setting, but the 66.93's all but reduce the stuttering to a minimum.

thanks, ill try those for a start.

however im specifically looking for people with FX cards, as there have been alot of reports of people with FX cards and having bad performance.

i got the FX 5700 256 ram and get horrid fps on low settings. my buddy has the exact same card (same manufacturer, even) and gets great fps on high settings.

:shrug:

and i completely forget. ill check it up

°~Gn0m3_Gr0wN~° said:

I went ahead and checked out those links and installed the rivatuner or w/e its called and clicked those two options. Made my TV run smoother and looks less jumpy. It already ran nice, but its even better now.

I have GF FX 5900se/xt vid card
Gig of ram, A MSI K8N Neo mobo
AMD 64 2800
80Gig HD

I dont know all the specifics about my system, im a noob when it comes to that stuff.

Ok EDIT: For some reason after doing that my TV crashes when loading maps giving me an error. I dont know if i accidentally screwed something up accidentally when using riva, but i unchecked those two tabs w/e and im still crashing.

This is the error i get now
CreateTexture failed(D3DERR_INVALIDCALL).

History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- FD3DRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- SetBumpMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetShaderMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterialSP <- RenderStaticMesh <- FDynamicActor::Render [DynTurretPannel2] <- RenderSolidScenePass <- RenderSolidScenePasses <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- PrecacheRenderData <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Any ideas?

Last edited:
wow, maybe I need to update, but since everything runs smooth, I will wait.

I have a Chaintec, gf fx 5900xt 128mb ddr 256bit card using the 61.77 drivers.
I have a gig of pc3200
aud 2 plat

t2 fps 200-250
RvS fps - 85-190 (based on map)
t:v fps 35-80

Back