Could someone make a no-rape admin function.

No it isn't, but alot of people complain when there are only a few people on the server and thats all someone wants to do. People would like it if I could shut off rape.

I don't mind, I just go defend. But alot of people complain and I would like to be responsive to concerns.

Erok

Bomber Boys

How about we just get bigger better maps, weigh down the heavys a tad, increase the shields on gens a bit, turn the useless energy blade into a shocklance and maybe add a taser mode to the grappler so it can be used like a taser gun for a nice little EMP shock to anything it hits.

?B-MAN said:
How about we just get bigger better maps, weigh down the heavys a tad, increase the shields on gens a bit, turn the useless energy blade into a shocklance and maybe add a taser mode to the grappler so it can be used like a taser gun for a nice little EMP shock to anything it hits.

i will pray tonight that none of that (maps exempt) ever sees the light of day.

Don't you love how people here just try to flame instead of give any sort of help for the situation?

Rape on pubs are annoying, especially when it's below 3v3 or so. Instead of being jerks and excusing the suggestion as a bad idea, it would be nice if a single person on these forums could say something along the lines of "Since I'm working on an administration script, I'll try to add that feature" or "more administration features would definately be a good idea for pubs. Is there anybody working on that?"

But I guess it's too much to expect anybody to take a suggestion seriously on the internet, even if this is the site where all those suggestions are supposed to be heard.

Last edited:
there were admin mods in T2 that let you set at what number of players to let rape be functional. For instance at 6vs6 you could blow up the enemy gen but any number below that you could not. Thats what he is talking about.

I don't think it should require an admin to activate it every time. There should be an on off button, but in addition you could choose the number of players before it activates.

I.E.

Limmit: Activate when fewer than X players
Shield Multiplier: Base asset shields multiplied X times

As you can see the options above suggest that the shields of base assets would increase. If this is not feasible, i have considered another option. I believe you can use a mod to add items to a map. A mutator could be designed that checks which map is being played, then adds team force fields over all of the base doors.

The 2nd idea could even adapt by the number of players. There could be level 1 and level 2 protection. I.E. When less than 16 players all level 1 force fields activate, blocking non-primary base entrances. When less than 8 players level 2 FF's activate and block all entrances.

The problem with the 2nd option is that it would be map specific and would not work for custom maps.

Just make base assets invulnerable under 5v5 or so. It worked in T1/2 very well to keep pubs a little more organized and to the point.

ICE9 said:
I don't think it should require an admin to activate it every time. There should be an on off button, but in addition you could choose the number of players before it activates.

I.E.

Limmit: Activate when fewer than X players
Shield Multiplier: Base asset shields multiplied X times

As you can see the options above suggest that the shields of base assets would increase.

This is a great idea! Just set a base limit of players so say... 6v6 ...if the # of players drops below that then the gens get extra shields for each player below that. So if it's 5v5 the gens get like 25% extra shields, 4v4 50% extra, 3v3 75%, 2v2 invincible. This makes rape not impossible, but much more difficult I would think. Those #'s could be adjusted as needed for balance.

The beautiful thing about this is that it is not map-dependent and could be applied to any map out there. Simple Mutator. Okay - I'll start working on this idea... :)

Kitrik

Back