News: TribalWar Maps

Yogi

Tribalwar Staff
TribalWar is proud to announce the opening of its Tribes: Vengeance maps database. You will find many features from the old Tribes2Maps site by Bytor including detailed listings, reviews, downloads, and more. Authors, be sure to check out our new ftp upload method for fast, easy, and reliable uploading.

We are looking for people to contribute map reviews for the submitted maps. Drop us an email and a short writing sample (just do a quick review on a retail map for example) if you are interested.

Check it out: http://maps.tribalwar.com

Dear god PLEASE keep detailed version information, authors tend to release several copies of the same map as the change/fix stuff and i've already come across several map repositories with a "mapnamehere.zip" re-naming convention that doesn't let you know what you're actually getting...

F [a] C E said:
Dear god PLEASE keep detailed version information, authors tend to release several copies of the same map as the change/fix stuff and i've already come across several map repositories with a "mapnamehere.zip" re-naming convention that doesn't let you know what you're actually getting...
That's up to the author.

We don't have a strict naming convention.

Wow there are going to be a few pissed off people when they see this.

Anyways, Tribalwar can you please only host FULL COMPLETED versions. so when you DL a map you know you wont have to DL the same map 5 more times.

Hm... what ever happened to the DEV?

I mean, theres a whole section just for maps in there. So far there is 0 content.

/me is confused of what its purpose is...

At0m|c said:
:clap: Should be a lot better than vengeancemaps.com. :)

sorry to hear that as I don't think you gave us a chance, it takes me a bit longer since I have a bit less time to do it and tribalwar has a whole team. None the less I don't think it is wise (yes this is directed at tribalwar) to try and centralize the entire community on one site, which lets be honest... you are trying to do. This is not a complaint or a knock on you guys and has nothing to do with the map section directly, I just feel like you may be looking at things in the wrong way. Like the new skins sites popping up and a few other things (I will not name them), lets not squash them in order to get/keep more traffic, but embrace and help them out.. trying to better the community not this site....

Sorry if you at tribalwar is offended by this, but its what is said outside of here... might as well be made apparent

Back