Coming soon - MP-Gigant

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrritAnt

Veteran X
I've been working on a new map in my own time for a while.

- CTF and fuel
- Large floating bases designed to minimise turtling yet still have well-protected generators
- Terrain is still too rough but will eventually support a kind of "half-pipe" style skiing
- 1xAssault Ship and 2xFighters at both bases
- Large overall play area

Here's some screenshots;

mp-gigantbeta01.jpg

mp-gigantbeta02.jpg

mp-gigantbeta03.jpg

mp-gigantbeta04.jpg

The map is still in beta. I'll need to get someone to host it for playtesting. Any takers?

This isn't an official IGA or VUG release!

Cheers!

yes ant yes... oohhh dont stop, yeah right there! higher ant higher, bases higher! omg i'm so close ant i can feel it...

on serious note, that looks really f'n cool.

i want to say also, you have to take note of where criticism comes from. some mods benefitted greatly from huge undersground or gigantic buried bases in t1, but for the the CTF "sporty" type gamers that compromise the t1 base population, we want the relatively open flag to promote some action packed chasing/returning.

any base that allows itself to be captured with some coordination (fort maybe, or raindance in t1) at the same time not being an open door to slaughter ( spridian, beautiful but flawed spiridian ), is a winner.

t:v bases aren't really captured because you can't bring sources of elements of your base to the enemies, but you know what i mean. (sources of elements being inventory stations which spawn turrets and packs and health)

Last edited:
Irritant Riven will be hosting a PU game Thursday so maybe we can host it and play that as a 3rd map in the rotation if you would like. PM my or drop by #riven in dynamix irc.

Thanks guys.

I guess my main concern is that the bases are quite far apart, and the centre area of the map may end up being very bland.

I guess we'll see :)

PR24 - I'll give you a yell and organise to get this playtested. Thanks for the offer :)

IrritAnt said:
Thanks guys.

I guess my main concern is that the bases are quite far apart, and the centre area of the map may end up being very bland.

PR24 - I'll give you a yell and organise to get this playtested. Thanks for the offer :)

DeathICFU is our server admin so if I am not around you can talk to him or NeverRetreat. They're both in Riven as well, NR is the founder and Death is a capt.

IrritAnt said:
Thanks guys.

i will playtest this too. damn dude that shazbot would be cool.

Ant let people play test it before you make it smaller, it might be great the way it is. That seems to have a River Stronghold look to it. Any inspiration from it as far as the base architecture. If not when do we get to see River Stronghold, or should I say when is it gonna get finished? :p

SebaZ said:
oob grid is too close to flag

eek :signed: just saw it myself. with regard to oob, junk, fort, isle are better towards feeliking "open enough" where you can forget about the oob grid.

others like emerald arid always remind you :( part of the reason is the flag is too near the oob.

Irritant.. what ever happened to the large floating white base that was shown in the prototype picture... i also saw it in other screenshots.

Destroyer thats River Stronghold and I have been wanting them to release it ever since closed beta. Damn them. Damn them all!

As far as I know, River Stronghold has long since gone the way of the dodo. Most of the assets including terrain etc. just aren't around anymore...

Why not make a small floating base between the 2 as a conquerable territory like in Utopia (but without the grappling HOs)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back