[pubbers] Pub Question

-Wolverine

Veteran X
cap limit... yes or no?

I was originally going to wait to enable it b/c admins currently have no control over each map's cap limit. But I've heard players mentioning that pubs are/might be more fun with the cap limit enabled.

No.

I wish you could enable cap limits on only certain maps. Emerald may go 15-1 than start to pick up as people change around their positions, while cavern is lame and needs a capout so we dont have to play it.

About 700 additional players on at all times would really make the pubs kick.

It's hard to find a decent game pubbin'

f'n vivendi and their lack of marketing anything other than hl.

I'm from the other camp. I only play pubs, I don't have the time to dedicate to clan matches & practice.

I'd rather have a global cap limit on all maps than continue playing for 20 minutes so one team can win 30-0 and the other team can get discouraged and quit halfway through.

YES! For God's sake, yes! Half the pub games end up ridiculously one sided with 10+ minutes remaining... Sure, people COULD switch teams... Sure, you CAN make a comeback from 15-1 on Emerald is the team up by 15 starts a circle jerk... but why not just move on to the next map and let everyone get back on track and refocused? There is a REASON why T1 and T2 had caplimits, and it just flabberghasts me that the default for T:V is to have them disabled.

Also, PLEASE bump up the time between maps... To play 20 minutes at the frantic pace of T:V and then only have 10 seconds to recover and NO time to comment on the ebb/flow of the match is just retarded. Tribes is a social game and there should be a little bit of time for bantering between maps.

So... YES on capouts, and 1 full minute between maps.

I'm going to try a cap limit of 10 on MoFo's Casa de Putas for the rest of this week and through the weekend. We'll see how it goes. As for the time between maps I currently have it set at 25 seconds, I think I'll bump it up a bit to 30. Thanks for the input guys.

Code:
[GameClasses.ModeCTF]
teamBalanceCheckInterval=120.000000
ScoreLimit=10
minimumNumberOfPlayers=0
bUseMapScoreLimits=True
bWeaponStay=False
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
bAllowBehindView=False
GoalScore=10
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=20

On Arid the map just ended at the 8th cap. So either the suggestion you made doesn't work or T:V takes the lowest value between default cap limit and global cap limit.

I've always thought there should a mercy rule in the pubs... end the game when the /difference/ in scores is X. You don't want to end a great game that's neck-in-neck just because it's a high score. Sometimes you just have epic battles with a good mix on both teams.

OTOH, I've been in games that dragged on to 30-1 and was bored silly whether I'm on the winning side or not.

Back