Alpha Pics for "Too Close For Comfort"

Geiss

Veteran X
this is basically the thread i posted on TWL, so if anyone doesnt visit there, here you are

tcfc01.jpg

tcfc02.jpg

tcfc03.jpg

yes terrain sucks right now, but this will hopefully turn out to be a pretty decent map. general overview:

both tribes in a closed in space, flags i think were about 500m from each other. bases are cut out of the mountains, and high up on the slopes to allow for heavies and lights to gain speed when descending. at the bottom of the slope is a bowl for height (and i'll be working on middle-ground terrain all this week). the flags, i dont know if you can see them in the pics above, WILL eventually be over a large body of water, ala confusco minus the lava, or possibly lakeside. i plan on putting in a "piping system" below ground, but flooded, that has a few downstairs routes to the flags, and those pipes would come out in the pools that have the flags.

right now i'm debating on whether or not to include a higher dimension to the map, some floating platforms that house the generators to the FFs, or sitting those gens somewhere on the ground. this idea is the one i'd need the community input on, and the gens will probably be the last thing i put into the map. i'll post more pics as the map comes along. i hope to be ready for a public beta by thanksgiving.

I think you should include a table to go with your cool looking carpet. And maybe some kind of big KFC bucket. And then call it "I got these things around".

Could be a greeeeaaat map!

Some of those mountains on the edge are totally whack and prime O sniper hideout.

Also, I hope you're planning to make the center field less rectangular.

BrassMonkey said:
you cant spam from your base can you? because that would really suck, with mortars and all

oh hell no, you have to be like 2/3 of the way across the map to do it. i edited the terrain scale a lil more, and raised the bases higher. a heavy in e-pack can ski, DJ, and jet to a bit over midfield, and drop a mortar a few meters below the entrance to the other base. in terms of just walking around, right now you have to be basically at the base of the mountain to shoot up into their base opening. as i obviously plan on editing terrain more, this might change, but i have yet to anticipate any extreme changes because of the physics of the game.

my biggest pain will be getting that central area to have decent hills. i've lowered the terrian under the flags and put water in, and the flags are on damnation-style flagstands. the flagstand design may change before beta or final, but that's just what i've been workin with today.

Back