IG have Punkbuster placed in T:V?

Death and I have been looking at our server and noticed there is in fact GUID info and other thigs that suggest PB could be added at anytime.

The GUID info is useless though w/o PB running the show.

I would really prefer a home-made solution a la UTsecure or AntiTCC mutators, even something like the lasthope patch that helped T1.

The guys at PunkBuster (evenbalance) are kinda slow to release patches and new versions of their software.

regards
BinderAJ

Punkbuster works great when it is updated regularly. The problem is that there are too many games out there for them to manage, so new cheats don't get picked up.

Still PB is better than nothing. At least remove the hacks that are easy to find.

I dislike PB because they allow cheaters to use known cheats for weeks, calling it "stealth mode detection"

it's like the cops letting criminals break the law for while to learn how they do it. It isn't what they are paid for.

my 2 cents

Yeah its better than nothing. It would reduce the cheating accusations too i think.

Never had any problems with PB in other games.

BinderAJ said:
I would really prefer a home-made solution a la UTsecure or AntiTCC mutators, even something like the lasthope patch that helped T1.

The guys at PunkBuster (evenbalance) are kinda slow to release patches and new versions of their software.

regards
BinderAJ

However PB just released a patch that took Ravensheild and stired the pot well. So many cheaters are being nailed now it's not even funny.

PB released a pretty solid patch that helped the community a lot.

BinderAJ said:

if you really think lasthope helped t1 then you're already effed. all lastwhine did was make t1 pubs even more effing desolate than they were.

wahhhh interpolation omgod save me cause i suck so effing hard i need to force everyone to use the same shazbotty settings i do! look, the pub is now Empty! all the cheaters must have left, lasthope to the rescue weeeeee

Heres a conversation I had back in sep with thrax...

[14:52] <posr> oh , meant to ask, will PB be incorporated for T:V ??? Not sure exactly how games get supported by PB, whether devs pay them for the service or not
[14:54] <Thrax> We have to pay. We're trying to get the contract signed. We want it done. PB wants it done. There is a 3 rd party who is causing problems. Once those are sorted PB will be rolled in, but right now I have no idea what the schedule is for that. Perhaps at the first patch.
[14:54] <Thrax> Perhaps never if the issues never get sorted.

This should answer some of your questions untill someone states definitively whether or not its being put in place...

Thanks posr, 2 months later tho, I wish there was some updated info on this...

MasterGnr said:
I dislike PB because they allow cheaters to use known cheats for weeks, calling it "stealth mode detection"

it's like the cops letting criminals break the law for while to learn how they do it. It isn't what they are paid for.

my 2 cents

Not at all. You aren't global banned for cheating and being caught in punkbusted, the "stealth mode detection" only exists when people are trying to cirvumvent and prevent PB from detecting cheats (violating the EULA), which DOES result in a global ban.

If PB doesn't detect your cheat, the punkbusted screenshots are getting better and better, and any hack that blocks the PB SS's are easily detected with a PB SS utility thats been popular around other communities with PB SS's.

I'd be glad to talk punkbusted with anyone, since 95% of the people on here don't have a clue, just what they say in half life 3 years ago.

It shouldn't be to hard, AA is unreal based I think, shouldn't be to much work to convert it over (ffs they got the battlefield engines, which are the buggest POS ever to work right).

k3rst said:
The ded server requires alot of resources already... :/ Adding PB will require even more.

Nope, there is no real noticeable difference in resources in battlefield servers I've run. PB is designed to make as little difference as possible, and I've never had problems with any sort of lag or delay in anything.

F [a] C E said:
if you really think lasthope helped t1 then you're already effed. all lastwhine did was make t1 pubs even more effing desolate than they were.

Although i have to admit that it hurt T1 more than it helped.....the thing was meant as a cheat deterrent system that encouraged fair play and "equal level" to all.

Im not saying i worship andrew, or that lasthope was the holy grail....only that someone could take the same approach and release a community patch.

Now...next time take a deep breath and answer more politely cause this is TT not GD.

Regards
BinderAJ

Back