Flag Cap Limits that work!

T-VET

Veteran X
Well I run my server like I did with T1 and T2

5 Flag Cap Limit Wins the Game

30 Mins Per game.

Now some of you may want to change the time limit and the number of flag caps. Here is the info to do it

[GameClasses.ModeCTF]
teamBalanceCheckInterval=15.000000
ScoreLimit=5 < -------------------------- Flag Cap Setting
minimumNumberOfPlayers=0
bUseMapScoreLimits=True <-------------Flag Cap Setting
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
bAllowBehindView=True
GoalScore=5 <----------------------------Flag Cap Setting
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=30 < ------------------------- Game Time Limit

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Geiss said:
shouldnt the maps all have individual, possibly different, capout limits?

if so how do you implement this?

God I hope not... I think the admin should have full control over the time limits and flag cap limits and other issues, as far as your question I would not have to idea how that would be implemented, I just hope they never do that!

T2 had diff cap limits for diff maps and it wasnt an issue (other than the fact I thought some of them were a bit low)

Raindance had a 10 cap out...Katabotic was like 12 wasnt it?

as for the Admins having control? yes & no....if you play competition, the Ladder you are on will set the limits, but in pubs, the Admins sets the rules yeah

Every retail map has its own cap limits. Emerald is like 12. As for admins setting the cap limits, it your sever. But consider that using the maps limit allows for a standard across the board for gameplay. You'll see players ramping up defense and offense as the score gets closer to a capout. No 23-2 maps. Admin set cap limits is stupid in my mind because a 5 point cap limit would mean you'd spend as much time loading the map as you would playing.

yeah, yesterday I saw a pub that a time limit of 800 mins ROFLAO. Guess they really liked that map lol

Last edited:
BFGanksta said:
Every retail map has its own cap limits. Emerald is like 12. As for admins setting the cap limits, it your sever. But consider that using the maps limit allows for a standard across the board for gameplay. You'll see players ramping up defense and offense as the score gets closer to a capout. No 23-2 maps. Admin set cap limits is stupid in my mind because a 5 point cap limit would mean you'd spend as much time loading the map as you would playing.

I suggest you upgrade your 486 machine so you can load your maps faster!

Word of the day (Dedicated to T-Vet):
hy·per·bo·le (h-pûrb-l)
n.
A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

P4 3.0c
1024mb 3200DDr
Rady 9700

Its hardly a 486. Have you actually played the multiplayer? Caps in emerald take about 30 seconds there and back if you aren't even trying. With four cappers on one team lining up to grab the flag that map can be over in 2 minutes. It takes me about 45 seconds to load a map.

Whatever anyway, if possible please post your server name so I know to avoid it.

BFGanksta said:
Have you actually played the multiplayer? Caps in emerald take about 30 seconds there and back if you aren't even trying. With four cappers on one team lining up to grab the flag that map can be over in 2 minutes.

this is true if the other team has no organized defense or offense, ie a team vs a pub... i've never seen a pub match go 12 caps in 2 minutes... but i agree that lots of the retail maps are very very quick caps.

BFGanksta said:
Word of the day (Dedicated to T-Vet):
hy·per·bo·le (h-pûrb-l)

Whatever anyway, if possible please post your server name so I know to avoid it.

Sure Buddy No Problem. The server name is

~~ DEATH ROW ~~

Hope that helps!

FYI:

The ~~ DEATH ROW ~~ server does not run any stock maps. Just new maps only!

Last edited:
Geiss said:
this is true if the other team has no organized defense or offense, ie a team vs a pub... i've never seen a pub match go 12 caps in 2 minutes... but i agree that lots of the retail maps are very very quick caps.

No the 12 count is good cause around 4 the disorganized team starts paying attention. My statement was made in response to the 5 cap limit T-Vet it so adament about. Emerald is an easy to cap map, I'm saying that 5 caps can be gotten by one side in two minutes. I have played with one friend chasing and me capping and I got five caps in as many minutes.

BFGanksta said:
No the 12 count is good cause around 4 the disorganized team starts paying attention. My statement was made in response to the 5 cap limit T-Vet it so adament about. Emerald is an easy to cap map, I'm saying that 5 caps can be gotten by one side in two minutes. I have played with one friend chasing and me capping and I got five caps in as many minutes.

Well you stated ---- 5 cap limit T-Vet it so adament about.

Hell I like the 5 flag cap limit. I ran my T1/T2 servers like that for 4 years no big deal and nobody complained about it. But to say that im "so adament" about is simply not true. I run my server as I see fit. If people want to play on a server that runs only new maps thats cool if not dont play on it. It's no big deal. If a admin whats to have a 10 or 15 flag cap limit thats fine by me Hell I dont care. Its always up to the Admin how a server is run. If people like the way an Admin runs the server they will play on it. If not they will go someplace else to play. I have a 5 flag cap so the users will play more maps. IMHO play'n a map for 45 mins or more to me is very boring. I like Change!

Have a nice day :)

Last edited:
Back