this engine is shazbot

u definetly can turn off a lot useless things like glow, shadow, etc...no more then 800x600 res also helps.

I have not, yet, played Hunters. I can definately understand why 50 flags strewn about would cause rendering hell, especially when that model was designed to be one of two on an entire map. Perhaps, at least in this case, changing the model and characteristics of the flag might be the answer instead of blaming solely the engine for this performance issue?

You are telling this to a guy who thinks the term "CPU bound" is a bug. Doesn't know what an antiportal means. Believes that all maps will perform identically as long as they are on the same engine. Does not understand the concept that more polys and effects being used is going to mean lower framerate.

He has been moaning from day one about the "engine" even though he knows absolutely nothing about rendering engines and basic 3d knowledge. This is just another in his long line of "Engine sucks cause my 2 year old computer can't run it an a constant 60+ fps" threads.

ok mr " I download custom UT2k4 maps all the time." :rofl:

oh and if you think 10 flags is a complex scense you're dumber then I thought yesterday.

Last edited:
It kills the fps if there are many flags(>20) ON THE SAME PLACE or VERY CLOSE together.

Though it is not the engines fault, it's prolly a bug in the hunters mod itself. It has nothing to do with rendering, it's more likely a collision detection bug.

Phantom88 said:
It kills the fps if there are many flags(>20) ON THE SAME PLACE or VERY CLOSE together.

Though it is not the engines fault, it's prolly a bug in the hunters mod itself. It has nothing to do with rendering, it's more likely a collision detection bug.

I was watching my fps the whole time, 10 flags cut my fps in half.

The stock flags are super high poly count, but that can't be all of what is causing your fps hit, if only 10 flags kills you. You might experiment by substituting a very low-poly mesh for the flags.

I cant think of anything that could changed about the flag in hunters from ctf, which is why I think it has something do with havok (read: engine).

Back