[MAP RELEASE] Feign Public Beta (for those that havent seen on TWL)

Geiss

Veteran X
http://www.vengeancemaps.com/maps/MP-FeignBeta.zip

currently MoFo's Casa De Putas and Riven Solaris Prime are running this to my knowledge. I believe BinderAJ will be putting it up on KY n Smile in a day or two. please test this out, and email me or PM me any problems you come across.

email addy is in the readme file i included, and you can find me in irc in

#riven
#tvmappers

are the two easiest places.

enjoy, and i will have the full version out within the week.

one thing that sucks about the voting system is that when you go to vote a map it shows your local maplist instead of what the server has available. So if you don't have a new map and you want to dl it off the redirect you can't vote the new map in.

anyone that wants to try this map out and cannot vote for it on MoFo's Casa de Putas just pm me(Wolverine) in IRC and I will switch the map.

#mofo

It's about a 2 minute auto download from the server.

KnightMare said:
needs more light

ITS DESIGNED TO BE DARK!!! LEARN TO PLAY IN NOT PERFECT LIGHTING CONDITIONS!!!

sheesh whiny community people. wah its not like i have floodlights every 5 meters. wah there's a FF that i cant rape thru right when i spawn. wah wah wah.

tribes was about tactics and team play. i tried adding the little changes to bring some of that back to the game. i will lighten it up a little bit, but its still gonna be a night time map.

that or turn up your friggin gamma settings ingame.

Geiss said:

sheesh whiny community people. wah its not like i have floodlights every 5 meters. wah there's a FF that i cant rape thru right when i spawn. wah wah wah.

tribes was about tactics and team play. i tried adding the little changes to bring some of that back to the game. i will lighten it up a little bit, but its still gonna be a night time map.

yeah, learn to play like t2, the shitty game

Rosdower said:
yeah, learn to play like t2, the shitty game

this sounds like an admission of someone who likes to autoaim and doesnt want to be found out cuz of the horrendous fog on the map...

or else just another whiner who doesnt want to try to adapt to a new setting. play it in a few pubs and try getting used to it. did you say any of the t2 maps sucked right off the bat?

Geiss said:

tribes isnt about hiding in the shadows.

kompo said:
Why is it called Feign? Afaik you aren't the author of the original map.

supposed to be Feign V (yes i know, lack of an original title)

V being for "Vengeance version" or something. not sure. it'll be named differently with full release. any ideas?

lols i could use that. you have a week for decisions public!!! let me know bugs/complaints with the maps by friday evening, and i'll have full release out by sunday night.

God damn, what a bunch of whiney vaginas. Someone goes and makes a map for the community and the first thing out of your mouths is how the name is already taken? Wah!

i'm trying not to even get a hint of plagarism to the map tho LA... like PR did for his remake of RD, he changed the name because there were some significant changes to the map play. same thing with what i did... as noted above, i included some pretty good fog, and make the map darker so that it would be a little bit more exciting when it comes time for comp/pubbing.

overall i could care less about the name, so much as how its gonna play. people are whining about "oh its too dark wah wah wah" already. i tried to bring back some of the old school teamwork necessary play into this map. its dark? so what, learn to keep your eyes open for the little IFFs of the other team. sensor goes down? keep it repaired. simple things that should happen but get left to the wayside in all the bright comp maps these days. tribes was about teamwork and planning, and espeically improvising once those plans fell apart. feign v(or whatever its gonna be called) is trying to bring those things back. its dark and foggy, making for a more exciting offensive run. cappers wont know whats awaiting them when they clear a hill for their grab unless their heavies are in there telling them what's goin on. heavies will have to take out more than just one objective to own the other team, and hell, if they cant multi task better than the original feign, well... the map is designed to be a little bit tougher than the original. its designed to make defense a little more nervous, and thus aware of their surroundings. its designed to require that offenses communicate among their members. those were the things i wanted to bring to this map, and i'd say i did so successfully. it seems like there are too many cowboys out there who dont like a new situation, and cant adapt to it quickly.

Geiss said:
this sounds like an admission of someone who likes to autoaim and doesnt want to be found out cuz of the horrendous fog on the map...

or else just another whiner who doesnt want to try to adapt to a new setting. play it in a few pubs and try getting used to it. did you say any of the t2 maps sucked right off the bat?

t2 visiually sucked because it was too dark and too foggy, unlike t1 which had rich bright colors. this map visually sucks/ed because it was too dark, foggy. now the terrain creates 2 choke points and the "over the mountain" route seems a bit illogical (to me). The map makes baby jesus cry and it deserves to stay in t2.

Rosdower said:
t1 which had rich bright colors.
Yeah, just like Super Marios Bros. on the NES. I'd rather play on a dark, foreboding landscape than some oversaturated cartooon land.

If you seriously think T1 looks better than T2 or T:V you're smoking crack.

man i smoke the green at times, and i liked t2 more than t1... prolly cuz i was more involved with t2, and only played t1 here and there...

Back