[request] *dont hate me* more vehicles

Pachacutec

Veteran X
lately i've been such a vehicle whore that i'm really diggin the entire idea of more vehicles or a vehicle-based mod that would blow away u2k4's onslaught.

t:v's vehicles have a unique niche,
1. fun mobility (rover freestyling/half-piping, tank jumping/skiing
2. powerfulness, teamwork
3. fairly simple

you can argue you should make it a LITTLE harder to use them, but i would love to see all former tribes vehicles t:v'ified.

I think this could be a community project, but to make them consistent with t:v and what that might be like, would definitely benefit from a group discussion/consensus.

ideas off the top of my head
1. t1 scout! love it baby, bring back the scout with some extra pizzas
2. shrike!
3. the little t2 scooter thing?
4. mpb! except this time, with some heavy ass dont f with me artillery to this guy can defend himself from air threats
5. an apc vehicle of somekind, maybe a tri-terrain land air water vehicle.
it should seat 4 with 1 driver, and be fast, a dropship with retractible wheels is what i sort of envision.

and then of course some really big maps to use these. (how's scarabrae comin?) large scale, and beyond.

edit: onslaught seems to design its levels to match them with the appropriate vehicles. if the community were to build such a vehicle mod it would be nice to take a simliar approach, and maybe only have 4 maps max to start out to make sure the concept is likeable enough to continue. ie, a groundwarrish type map, a air-ish type map, etc. all vehicles on emerald is exactly the wrong approach to take.

discussion starts here.

Last edited:
eek3.gif

Competitive tribers wouldn't enjoy it, but new people would. If I were new and played only a couple hours a week I'd enjoy alot of different vehicles.

Bohica said:
your threads in TT are almost as productive as your political threads in GD.

this thread is for people who are open to the discussion of tribes beyond a t1 or t2 classic conception. if that isn't your cup of tea that's fine.
i'm interested in seeing how far vehicles can go, and i'm sure others are too.

Last edited:
THUNDERCADE could also have a ground based Baja Rover Rally race with 2 man teams. I could see that as a lot of fun too.

I know many dislike vehicles, and while I do love a good ground pounder game all the same, I admit there are days when I just love spending all game long in a Rover harrassing the enemy in Hit and Run raids with the Flak Turret or playing midfield Defence in the tank... and even unleashing hell from the heavens in a 3 man crew of an Assualt Gunship.

[Shameless Plug]
If anyone wants to help bring Thundercade to life as a tangible MOD please, by all means PM me.
[/Shameless Plug]

Ya know, I liked the concept of THUNDERCADE when I read it...but that's such a flaming ghey name I can barely stand it.

EDIT: Ownt by filters.

Are you effing kidding me?!? First off it is up to the community to mod T:V. Second, the vehicles in T:V are so inferior to T2 vehicles its not even funny.

Requesting ban for idiocy alone.

Santa said:
Competitive tribers wouldn't enjoy it, but new people would. If I were new and played only a couple hours a week I'd enjoy alot of different vehicles.

Finally someone with a mature reply.

Back