Command Map draw error on custom maps?

knuckle

Veteran X
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem?

TV_dropzone_cmdmap.jpg

This happens to me on both Dropzone and TheGap. The lower portion of the command map is all fuzzy, and i can't see the numbered spawn points, although i can still click on them (and consequently spawn). Is this error something to do with the maps, or my system?

Thanks.

It is because the mapper, in this case smokkin joe, didn't generate the map image with a desktop resolution greater than or equal to 1280x1024. Unfortunately he, or someone else, would have to update the map and that would force you to redownload it.

Yes but YOUR resolution isn't the problem. The problem is that the MAPPER had the EDITOR create the MAP IMAGE with a DESKTOP resolution that was less than 1280x1024.

So basically you can't do anything, unless you open up TVed with a DESKTOP resolution that is equal to or greater than 1280x1024. Smokkin joe is re-releasing his maps with the fixed command screen soon so just wait.

And yes you will have to redownload them.

BFGanksta said:
It is because the mapper, in this case smokkin joe, didn't generate the map image with a desktop resolution greater than or equal to 1280x1024. Unfortunately he, or someone else, would have to update the map and that would force you to redownload it.

Its in the works, it was actually due to the resolution being 1024 X 768. I'm going to release a map pack of 5 maps (TheGap,FrostBite, and DZwasted, as well as The Vehicular Gap) soon to get this mess sorted out. the fifth map will be the new one titled Arctic Slope (rabbit,Arena)

Wait, my desktop res is 1280 x 1024, and I have never had success generating a map image. It always comes out just black. Do you set the res from somewhere within TVed? This is driving me nuts.

Devo_N said:
Wait, my desktop res is 1280 x 1024, and I have never had success generating a map image. It always comes out just black. Do you set the res from somewhere within TVed? This is driving me nuts.

Set a boundary volume, once the editor knows where to snap the picture it'll generate a map for you.

Back