Will TribesED be patched along with T:V?

Ashley

Veteran XV
I know alot of us mappers REALLY want to see TvED patched.

Will there ever be a patch for it, or is this all we get?

Question:

Would you release a project that you had spent 3 years working on that has a hardcore following of fans and NOT patch it's bugs?

BitRaiser said:
Question:

Would you release a project that you had spent 3 years working on that has a hardcore following of fans and NOT patch it's bugs?

Would you release a game without a dedicated server?

They didn't. VUG did. Irrational released something that would work as a dedicated sever, but some suit at VUG desided to slap on SecuROM (apparently without testing OR consulting IG) that preventing the packaged ded server from working as intended.

It was also VUG that pushed for an early release when there's some obvious issues left to deal with.

Now, patching is IGs ballgame. In them, I have faith.

Hang the blame where the blame belongs and don't blame IG for VUGs cock-ups.

BitRaiser, please tell me you're really just an Irrational dev, no pun, in disguise.

No one could seriously be this whacked to endorse on so many levels this pile of crap they, or possibly you, released.

Oh no, my cover's blown! I am indeed irrational (note the small i) from time to time.

Bottom line, I'm enjoying the hell outta T:V. It's a fun game, the tools are alowing me to do some interesting things, and I look forward to seeing it grow.

Now I respect that it might not be for everyone. It's not the design I would have come up with if handed a T3 project (and hated the consept of T:V with a passion before playing), but it's a damned fine product.

What I don't get is why someone would put so much effort into bawling about how much it "sucks". REally, what's the point? It's way to late to change anything (unless you were to take the time spent trolling and invest it into mapping/modding) and your complaints fall on def ears. No one is going to change their mind because some guy named BrightEyes proclaimed the game sucks and never provides a single rational objective statment to back it up.

Give it a rest and go get laid or something.

BitRaiser said:
They didn't. VUG did. Irrational released something that would work as a dedicated sever, but some suit at VUG desided to slap on SecuROM (apparently without testing OR consulting IG) that preventing the packaged ded server from working as intended.

It was also VUG that pushed for an early release when there's some obvious issues left to deal with.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about, as usual.

Wulfen said:
You don't know what the hell you're talking about, as usual.
Know what $hit head?

I DO know what I'm talking about, and if you'd pull your head outta your as and THINK instead of spaming the forums with obnoixous crap, you'd be confronted with the fact that I'm RIGHT.

Now STFU you ignorant sloapbrow.

(Sorry folks, the flaming ignorance on these boards is pissing me right off. Gr I say... Gr.)

BitRaiser said:

Sorry, I don't buy that. The buck stops at IG. The bugs are IGs responsibility. The product that shipped with IGs name on it is their responsibility. The fact we are playing on beta dedicated servers is IGs responsibility.
I don't care what VUG did. IG should have had the game ready at release date, nd if they couldn't meet the deadline, that's their responsibility. You can only blame VUG so much.

Incidentally, whether or not the game shipped with a ded server on the CD, (and I don't see it anywhere, nor can I fathom why securom would keep me from seeing it), a ded server could have been posted PRE - RELEASE. That's IG's cock-up, and you can't pin the blame on VUG for thatone. Not to mention the fact that a ded server is an essential part of a real multiplayer game, and this game shipped with the ded server as a beta.

BitRaiser said:
Know what $hit head?

I DO know what I'm talking about, and if you'd pull your head outta your as and THINK instead of spaming the forums with obnoixous crap, you'd be confronted with the fact that I'm RIGHT.

Now STFU you ignorant sloapbrow.

(Sorry folks, the flaming ignorance on these boards is pissing me right off. Gr I say... Gr.)

Ok, so I take it you have some inside scoop, inside knowledge, or you actually WORK in one of the two houses we're talking about here? No, you don't, you are once AGAIN assuming what goes on behind closed doors. Quit proclaiming your drivel as fact, asshat.

And if you're going to try to effing insult my intelligence, at least spell the shazbot right. I make about 4-5 posts a day maybe, if you're going to call that spamming, then I'm going to have to say the same for you and your high horse act. They don't need you to rescue them in every thread, dolt.

Devo_N:
Ah... thank you. You might be disagreeing with me, but yer doing it rationally.
Very refreshing.

The thing about the dedicated server that shipped on the CD (launched via comand-line) is that it required the CD to be in the drive to use it. It wasn't supposed to work that way and SecuROM is the reason.

The beta ded was released because of this serious OOPS! IG thought they had more time to un-beta it since you were supposed to be able to launch a server using the package on the CD (and still be able to play on a different machine).

It's interesting to note that it took longer for VUG to pass the beta-build for distribution than it took IG to slam it together.

As for other bugs and issue, well, of cource IG is responcable for 'em, but they weren't the ones leading the charge towards an early release. Who knows how much they could have gotten done with a little more time?

Wasnt original projected release dates Xmas 2004, So they released 2 months early then what they had predicted at one of the uva's? VUG Rushed production and release as they did with t2. IG is responsible to fix it now yes. But were they responsible for being forced to release something? NO. VUG has power over them when it comes to releases they clear eveyrthing and say how it will go IG has no say in it.

It's the developer's responsibility to make a bug free, fully functional game.

It's the publisher's responsibility not to release the game until it's done.

End of story.

BitRaiser said:
What I don't get is why someone would put so much effort into bawling about how much it "sucks". REally, what's the point? It's way to late to change anything (unless you were to take the time spent trolling and invest it into mapping/modding) and your complaints fall on def ears. No one is going to change their mind because some guy named BrightEyes proclaimed the game sucks and never provides a single rational objective statment to back it up.

Give it a rest and go get laid or something.

I'm not exactly sure what your definition of troll is, but I think if you sat down, looked at what everyone else is saying to you, you'd probably fit that definition quite well.

You're not a troll though, you're what I like to call a crusader. Anything, as true as it's proven to be, is considered to be a farse. It's considered by you to be so untrue, you must vocalize your opinion and dictate to others what their opinion should be. To you it's wrong to say anything negative about your prospective doctrine, and I just don't understand that.

I've gone out of my way to describe in detail what I don't agree with when it comes to T:V. I've gone out of my way to describe in detail why I feel that way as well. People like yourself, crusaders, like to turn around and call me a troll, whatever bro... your opinion of my opinion isn't going to change my opinion.

People like you, crusaders, are the reasons games like T:V continue, and will continue, to exist. The game lacks quality, lacks polish and doesn't stay true to the series on many levels, yet you're here to back up every single goddamn thing the developers and publishers do.

Fucking Amazing...

What's even more amazing [strike]NoFix[/strike] Brighteyes, is that you do the exact same thing when it comes to the negative things about T:V.

With the exception that you somehow never explain why you think that T:V is untrue to the Tribes series.

Back