Veteran X
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.0.1(63446)

Crash Time: 11/04/04 21:17:05

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2432 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6483)

TV Build Number: 63446

ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FUnrealfileSummary<< <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::LoadPackage <- Process_Native_Func <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.SkinInfo.loadAllSkins' OBJ='None'] <- UObject::execClassContext [(ModeCTF MP-Fort.ModeCTF0 @ Function Gameplay.GameInfo.PostBeginPlay : 00B6)] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.GameInfo.PostBeginPlay' OBJ='ModeCTF0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.MultiplayerGameInfo.PostBeginPlay' OBJ='ModeCTF0'] <- UObject::processEvent [Function Gameplay.ModeInfo.PostBeginPlay() on ModeCTF MP-Fort.ModeCTF0] <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the error message I receive whenever I try to join/host a server. This has only started happening recently however and the singleplayer side of the game runs great.
I thought I'd simply need to reinstall the game. So I did and made sure all configuration files were deleted too. Yet still no luck :\

I think I saw someone with a similar problem, but whether a fix was found I do not know. Can anyone help please? I'm having T:V Multiplayer withdraw symptoms.

BTW: My system specs is pretty much in the error report.

Nope. No scripts or other changes. I've just put a fresh install on too.
I'll run a scan for spyware now and see if it solves the problem. *Fingers crossed*

Edit: Ran a scan and cleared all the nasties, yet the problem still pursists. :(

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem. It always happens on full servers. If I join an empty server it works fine... and this problem just started for me as well.

I just read your post Piata and decided to try joining an empty server. No luck still.

Have you played around with your TVED or the skins at any point? I'm not sure if thats what caused it for me. Still I don't see why the problem should still exist after a clean install...

I've done a clean install, checked for spyware, viruses, even ran a chkdsk and defragged. I'm at the point where I might format and reinstall windows :(

I've gotten the same error as you Y2Rimmer but usually its this one:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1.0.1(63446)

Crash Time: 11/04/04 16:59:03

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1343 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro (4345)

TV Build Number: 63446

ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FUnrealfileSummary<< <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- AttemptLoadPending <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It started for no apparent reason and won't stop. Sucks cause it keeps me from playing MP :(

Okay good news. I just reinstalled for the second time et voila! It bloody well works.
I made sure it was a complete uninstall and that the directory was completely removed. I'll add all my savegames and settings that I backed up in tomorrow. Perhaps one of these files was corrupt or something?

Anywho, that whole EOF thing? I think this is the key line that's in both our error reports. I believe it represents End Of File. I think it must be just having a :closet: moment.

I'll continue to look into it tomorrow. If I find out anything, I'll let you know.
Hope you get things working your end too Piata

Thanks for your help peeps.

I've narrowed it down to either my Profile or Jotun's HUD. I did another fresh install and this time left out my previous profile and Jotun's HUD. It worked (only played one map like that but it worked none the less). Added my Profile and Jotun's HUD, the crash was back. I have a feeling its the Profile. I'll mess with it tommorrow morning and see what I can come up with.

After you log it, what is the process that takes place? I re-call many of the bugs that existed during beta that still exist now, in retail, that were logged as well. Might I suggest revamping your notification system?

It might seem trite, but I think it might just help!

Back