"Best" voice com app? Suggestions?

BitRaiser

Veteran X
I'm just curious as to what people prefer to use as their voice com apps. In the past I haven't bothered with it much and when I have used voice, it's been Roger Wilco (which I generally find to be sorta sub-par for sound).

That's it. Any details on WHY you recomend what you do would also be handy.
Thanks in advance.

Ventrilo by default has a little higher bandwidth usage, but it's quality is typcially better out of the box. You can always adjust the quality settings down. I noticed even lowering Ventrilo's quality setting (to lower bw usage) it still sounded good.

www.ventrilo.com

But what about functionality. I kinda doubt there's really that much quality and bandwidth difference from Teamspeak. Just that Ventrillo starts with high settings, and TS starts with low settings. Listen to them on default and V's gonna sound better, but my team always has the settings up on TS, and it sounds great.

Well, the quality was SOOO different between our players and the cutting out with TS. So we tried out Ventrilo and everyone was finally able to hear one another, easy to use and setup we've stuck with it.

I really liked Teamspeak the original. TS2 killed it for us. Some day, I'll try it again, perhaps.

TS2 has worked very well for our team. I know we tried ventrillo at some point, but I can't remember anything about it.

Our clan used TS for quite a while until we tried an old outdated version of Ventrilo. We were like the the hell??? TEAMSPEAKS SUCKS!!!

We now lease a 50 seat professionally hosted Ventrilo server and are never going to look back again. Not to mention the voice chat in Ventrillo rulez.

Ventrilo>Teamspeak all the way!

Back