TKB Tavern coming down...

Kryptik

Contributor
Veteran XV
TKB's T:V server will be coming down between now and sometime this weekend. There has just not been enough interest in the game or our server to justify keeping it up as a public server. ***Please note this will NOT affect TKB playing competitively!!*** Im not sure what TKB will do server wise at this point but it will not concern me as I am through playing comptetively myself.

Reasons for this are fairly straight forward. I was laying down good money for probably one of the best servers (performance wise) out there. No one used it. VUG has yet to release any patch to make playing fun hence the lack of interest (good job VUG...losers). TKB also doesnt seem to be too concerned about playing competitively at this point either. I could be dead wrong about this and they may decide to move forward with T:V but again, I will not be part of it. I will remain a part of the TKB team and gaming community on a personal level and I shall continue to pub ocassionally.

For the people that were borrowing the server from me for scrims, practices, etc....talk to me in IRC #TKB or PM me for future plans...

Cheers!

mayhap you should think about collecting "dues" from Tribemates to float the cost of the server. While you can't charge people to play on your sever (EULA violation) you certainly can collect fund from the group that wants it to be there.

Just a think fer ya.

BitRaiser said:
mayhap you should think about collecting "dues" from Tribemates to float the cost of the server. While you can't charge people to play on your sever (EULA violation) you certainly can collect fund from the group that wants it to be there.

Just a think fer ya.

or he should just shut it down to prove a point and put it back up when he feels he wants to support the game?

anotherbitesthedust.JPG

poisonspider said:
or he should just shut it down to prove a point and put it back up when he feels he wants to support the game?

I am not shutting it down to prove a point. I also ran the server out of my pocket alone, which was the way it was set up from the beginning. I never asked for a dime and I never will. I make more than enough money to run any server I see fit.

What I wont do is beg people to play on it like I have for the last 2 weeks. With no interest in the game from TKB or anyone else there is no need to throw good money at it. If people used the damn thing then this thread wouldnt exist. The fact that VUG hasnt patched this pile of dung has a small factor in my decision but this is by no means a "i told you so" type deal.

Gaming org? Lol, what the hell does that mean? We're a group of people that play games together.

Just sucks that there's few in T:V at the time and a shazbotload in that damn WoW. Seems as though we add new members all the time but they'll spread out in groups to other games. Those of us that want to play one gave have to recruit from outside or join alliances just to field teams.

We've never required the whole gaming group to move to one game as a whole, just provide for a place to meet and hang with games and hopefully find a group of friends to play whatever with.

Servers are not cheap. And we too, have insane hardware, yet our servers remain somewhat empty, comparatively speaking to Tribes 1 days.

We are not closing our doors on pubplay but empathize with your plight and decision.

TKB is solid and gets our respect.

|CO|Kapeket!! said:
Servers are not cheap. And we too, have insane hardware, yet our servers remain somewhat empty, comparatively speaking to Tribes 1 days.

We are not closing our doors on pubplay but empathize with your plight and decision.

TKB is solid and gets our respect.

Much appreciated. As of right now, our server is paid for through the 9th. At some point this month I am going to be able to host the server in the data center I work in for free. I may decide to renew for one more month on our current server to hold us over until I can get the new one racked and online. I will keep the community informed as much as possible.

Just played a match in your server and let me tell ya "IT WAS ROCK SOLID".Every one pinged great and we all had a blast.Sorry to see it go.Good severs for this game is hard to come by.

I hear ya Kryptic. I played on your server a couple times, was fun for all involved.

There's not much inertia to keep a server up, or even field a competitive team.

Last edited:
Smack Dab [TKB] said:
Gaming org? Lol, what the hell does that mean? We're a group of people that play games together.

Just sucks that there's few in T:V at the time and a shazbotload in that damn WoW. Seems as though we add new members all the time but they'll spread out in groups to other games. Those of us that want to play one gave have to recruit from outside or join alliances just to field teams.

We've never required the whole gaming group to move to one game as a whole, just provide for a place to meet and hang with games and hopefully find a group of friends to play whatever with.

WoW owns me :( hate to see our server go, but i'm just not as motivated about TV as i was when t1 was out, nuthing against trhe game, game is great. I didnt have a woman or a real job back during t1, so i really only have time for 1 game, and WoW just rocks :(

Back