Pachacutec

Veteran X
respectively their maps are located here :
http://www.vengeancemaps.com/index.php?display=maps

Krutch
krutch.jpg

The Gap
thegap.jpg

Both are really well done, but I'll start by highlighting Krutch for its very very similar feeling to the t1 arena classic it resembles. If anyone needs an iceridge base to steal, ask insane to borrow his first!

We had a blast trying it out and the map author was more than happy to show me how to really hit the ground with some umph. He added some sensors so that you can see the enemies at all times, but I felt it only added to the experience since I dont have to look at a fuzzy radar out of habit and wonder where they are. (that being said I'm not an arena player). Great job insane for really making it feel just like the t1 version.

A quick sidenote, Arena in t:v takes on a great new dimension with the addition of grappling and speed packs, the game turns over pretty quickly with the altering of positioning and firepower in such quick timeframes.

On to the Gap, very well done, and I have to give SmOkkin' Joe a nod of appreciation. This map was the first in the T:V set, retail OR community, that has scared the living shazbot out of me. Like Krutch, Joe says this map was inspired by another tribes map, one with large sky tubes.

When you get in these things, they have to take you at least what feels like the equivalent of 2-3 miles into the air, and you just lose your breath. People afraid of heights will love to look down, because it actually gives you that weak-kneed feeling. (yes i'm afraid of heights). I'm not sure how this map will play, and it seems more things could be added to it, (the bases are very far apart) but its definitely worth mentioning just for the awe that it inspires as the tube takes you high into the sky.

Great work map makers :) Keep up the great work all in the T:V community, it's lookin fantastic.

Last edited:
the turrets in the map the gap should at least hit the other base. since they dont IMO they are pointless.

any chance or getting the turrets range that far? or is that impossible without a mod?

kfc said:
the turrets in the map the gap should at least hit the other base. since they dont IMO they are pointless.

any chance or getting the turrets range that far? or is that impossible without a mod?

It is intentional that they dont hit the other base otherwise you'd have a turretmonkey bringing down other teams turrets and sensors etc... if you man them while someone is going for the flag they are quite useful for nailing a would be capper, or base raper.

Back