[Release] MP-Guillotine

This is my first release, and my first attempt with the editor. It turned out just fine, but it's nothing too extraordinary. I haven't tested it too extensively, but I'm releasing it like this in its final form just to have more maps out there. Working on this map has gotten me familiar enough with the tools that I'll hopefully be able to continue to push out some decent maps. This one is very small and not what I would consider an ideal competition map by any means, but it's good for some variety, at least.

Anyway, enjoy. Link is here

I bit the bullet and took some screenshots:

Phoenix above ground:
GP00000.jpg

GP00001.jpg

Phoenix underground:
GP00002.jpg

Blood Eagle above ground:
GP00003.jpg

GP00004.jpg

Blood Eagle underground:
GP00005.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good looking map, but way way way too small. You can run a flag to flag "route" that starts from a standstill on the enemy flag. Maybe a clusterfuck was what you intended, but there still needs to be more room. The spawns will probably be annoying too since the map is so tiny, it takes you longer to get from the spawn to your flag, than it takes to go from one flag to another.

Now that all the negative is out, here's the positive. The style is great. The base interiors are really well done, and the terrain (while small) looks nice. You've obviously got more than enough technical skill using the editor to come up with some great maps. You just need to think through the gameplay a bit more.

This was more an experiment in being able to pull off something that looks good and being able to construct bases than trying to make a map that plays well, which is why I'm not investing a lot of time in getting people to put it on servers or make it popular. I just thought I'd post it here in case people were interested, and the feedback is helpful. I didn't want to make a huge map starting out because this is the first thing I've ever done.

I added screenshots to appease the masses.

And just so people don't think I'm wasting my time making crappy T:V maps, I am working on maps that are more competition-friendly than these, but the one I'm working on isn't very far along yet.

Last edited:
Back