Skinning Help

Spartacus

Veteran X
Sorry if something like this has been posted, but how do I open the PKG files in Photoshop? I am a newb to skinning and would like help please

open them in the TVED then export them with the TVED to a certain file and then you will need a photoshop pluging to read DDS format then you can open the files

Look in your T:V install directory under program/bin and double click TVed.exe. That opens up the editor. Open the texture browser, and then click file->open in it. Find the skin pkg you want and open it. Now you can see all the skins in the package you opened. Select the one you want and choose file->export.

Go here to get the .dds plugin for photoshop.
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

One thing before you start. DON'T change any of the default .pkg files unless you back them up first. changing any of them even slightly will cause you to fail CRC checks when trying to join online servers. To see your skin in game you have to do some extra setup and make new .pkg files. There was a post on here about this a while back. Use the search function to find it, or download one of the other custom skin sets and see how they set theirs up.

When I try to access the character skins, I get this message:
No Label

Crash Time: 11/03/04 22:27:39

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1618 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (Microsoft Corporation) (5673)

TV Build Number: 63446

General protection fault!

History: ULevel::ConstructActor <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- SpawnNew <- ULevel::SpawnViewActor <- MatchEditorOther <- ULevel::ReconcileActors <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec [(MAP LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\VUGames\Tribes Vengeance\Content\Skins\Phoenix)..] <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- FileOpen <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- EnforceTickRate <- MainLoop

When you say 'access' do you mean open the .pkg, or when you're importing them back in? I'm able to open Light, Medium, and HeavyArmour.pkg and export from there with no troubles.

Describe exactly what you're doing and I'll see what I can do.

Yea, I do mean open... When I am opening them with TVed it gives me that error. I hit the open button in the file menu then I go to skins then try and open Daniel's Phoenix armor

Back