[TVed] A Dumb Mistake by the Dev's

DSEZ

Veteran X
I dont know if im the only one that has been trying to make a arena map but you are unable to test the map if there is only one player. It says you must wait til more players show. I dont know if they knew about this or they missed it, either way can i get around it?

There should be a field in the round info for arena, something similar to "minPlayers" or somesuch. It'll probably be set to 2 - change it to 1 or 0 or something.

well, you could just make the map available to CTF or Ball, too, and check it out that way. Wouldn't be a 100% test, but would be something.

Hobbiticus said:
There should be a field in the round info for arena, something similar to "minPlayers" or somesuch. It'll probably be set to 2 - change it to 1 or 0 or something.

tried and no luck

DSEZ said:
I dont know if im the only one that has been trying to make a arena map but you are unable to test the map if there is only one player. It says you must wait til more players show. I dont know if they knew about this or they missed it, either way can i get around it?

log in as admin, and use the force team functions to force yourself onto a team. it works in arena. go to spectate, then use it. should work... it doees everytime i'm the only poor sap playing arena in my server... heh... uh... yeah.

Even though you called us "dumb" I'll answer your question...

Start the game, open your map and at the console type "multiplayergameinfo minimumnumberofplayers 1" (without the quotes, obviously).

shhh... trying to be nice....

you know that blue screen you get when winxp crashes. kinda like a UE for Windos? i ge that 4/10 times i load the editor. :X

Back