[BUG] Couldn't respawn after getting rammed by rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Veteran XX
Happened on Emerald in demo. I grabbed the flag and dj'd away with an active shield (shield pack capping > energy pack capping btw :D), but unfortunately got in the way of the enemy rover. I'm not sure if my shield was still active or not.

Anyway, it killed me, and I waited patently to respawn. The timer went up, and nothing happened. The camera stayed at the place of my tragic roadkill, and I could do nothing but turn around with it. After a time (10 seconds?) the camera jumped back to the respawn area, but my model was not there. I could still look around, but nothing more. I tried manually respawning and changing teams (even going in spectator mode), nothing happened. It wasn't the server freezing, because the game went on as usual. All my huds were working correctly too.

So I disconnected and joined again, to find my name still being in the game, and my new self having the .1 after it. Shortly after my phantom self dropped. I didn't experience anything unusual later.

Maybe the server froze up when you tried to respawn? I have UEd out of TV and tried to go back to the same server only to see myself connected to it, but I havent been able to connect and see myself on there. So I don't know what the prob is. Or you have a stolen key, I dunno.

Like I said, the demo works fine, and there are absolutely no consequences to this. It's just some disturbing random pheomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back