Ok im getting sick of it....

ForeverWear

Veteran X
I played a few rounds of beta...only because the cpu locked up and i had to power it down from the power switch on the back of my cpu. I went ahead and bought it because im a very loyal tribes fan since t1. Now... I can play 10 min in a pub..20 min in a pub..even an hour at most...hell, who knows. The cpu seems to freeze very often in this game. Doesn't matter when or how...it'll freeze somewhere after i start in on it. Im starting to take to the game, although, if this keeps up..i don't know what to do.

I played t1 and t2 religiously. I left t2 and played star wars galaxies for the last year with my best friend kazz... i fried this cpu..rebuilt it, and it's at the top of it's game now. I don't get wtf is going on. I have tried everything. Installed all the lastest drivers...even flashed a new bios on the board. I still get the same stupid shazbot. I think if i can't figure it out soon, im gonna give up.

GGs,
^_^What2Wear

P.S. Sorry about the whiney sounding Crap what not..it just gets frustrating...

P.S.S i just proof read this..and well..i can't even make sense of it..but im a little ...*cough* drunk *cough*..
if you know what i'm saying..then thank you. If not ..oh well
but.. the game just crashes whenever... i haven't pinned it down yet to what it may be. Any help would be appreciated.

dude

where are your board starts?

at frys for 160 here was an athy64 2800 and board.

2400 semperon and board 59 bucks.

120gb 8mb maxtor 59 bucks... I bought one.

not so expensive to upgrade. memory is the most expensive part of a decent computer these days. even then 512mb will do.

ForeverWear said:
I left t2 and played star wars galaxies for the last year with my best friend kazz... i fried this cpu..rebuilt it, and it's at the top of it's game now.
I think your problem is you have no idea how to assemble a computer and your machine is overheating and/or having power issues due to you messing up.

Either that or you're a goddam genius and actually rebuilt a fried processor.

Stop overclocking it. Set back to stock. See if issue persists. If not, crank up until issue reappears. You've found your overclocking level for T:V.

If issue persists, check drivers for video, mobo, sound.

Technically, a box is a CPU... and so is the processor.

As for the lockups... I agree with pretty much everyone else... your processor is pry getting hot. Open it up and make sure the fan is still turning.

If it's not, replace it, and for the love of all that's good and pure, quit smoking in your computer room! (that sooo kills PC's)

PC: Personal Computer
CPU: Central Processing Unit
Box: Carboard Box, Computer Box, Lunch Box...

PC != CPU != Box

Though, for geek terms, box = entire computer. PC is the retard term, as far as I'm concerned. :\

bioland said:
your processor is pry getting hot. Open it up and make sure the fan is still turning.
If the CPU fan stopped turning, he likely wouldn't be posting here :). Look at (and / or feel, without opening it up) the chassis fans to be sure they're pumping air out.

When was the last time your blew out your case?

T:V seems to be especially hard on yer hardware. I've seen atleast 3 confirmed cases of crash fixes via canned air.

MikSchultzy said:
PC: Personal Computer
CPU: Central Processing Unit
Box: Carboard Box, Computer Box, Lunch Box...

PC != CPU != Box

Though, for geek terms, box = entire computer. PC is the retard term, as far as I'm concerned. :\

:lol:
ZING

heya whattwowear long time no see since SWG hehehe bought TV a few weeks ago myself and been playing... good to see your around and hope we can play a game sometime...

whattwowear has a brand new pc that's like a few months old, not a rebuilt fried one and im pretty sure it's not overclocked at all this PC or the last one that fried... I am trying to remember what the specs were when we talked about it in SWG but i believe it's an Athlon XP 2800 or upper range, forget if it's A64 or not but i don't think so, with a GFX 5700 (5700LE maybe?), 512 meg or more ram... maybe possible even an intel system I forget...

Anyway possibly a heat problem if using the stock AMD heatsink though it's starting to get cold if your place is too insultated or running heaters possible it's hotter now compared to the summer maybe... can check by downloading like Motherboard Monitor and letting it record some logs on your cpu temp or something while playing and like mentioned hit it with some canned air... make sure to check your video card fan and heatsink as well and see if maybe there is dust clogging up any of the cooling fins or airflow... also maybe take the side off the case and see if the temps lower maybe the airflow in your case isn't doing a very good job circulating the air...

if still having problems can try seeing if your power supply is supplying enough power under load or whatever... also can try do a complete format and fresh reinstall with the latest WinXP Service Pack Slipstreamed with all the latest drivers... if your using the nvidia 61.77 offical drivers and no work maybe try using the 66.81 WHQL Beta drivers nvidia released on their site and see if maybe that's fixes it... im using them right now on my 6800GT and they are pretty golden but milage may vary on a eariler generation card, but seems to be a very good set of drivers that alot of people use since nvidia hasn't released offical drivers in awhile...

as a side note I got the TV MP Demo installed on a new system I built for someone recently on an AXP 2600+, Abit AN7 mobo, 1 gig of ram, ATI 9600XT, (2) WD800JD in RAID0 and occasionally it would freeze/pause during the game which required a reboot or sometimes a cold boot to get going again... No heat problems though it has a nice HeatsinkFan on it that keeps the temps in the low 50s under load... Using the Omega 3.10 Beta ATI drivers so maybe that might've been a cause with the AI set to normal... I should install the newest offical ones and see if anything changes...

But so far on my AXP2500@3200 (200x11), Abit NF7-S V2, 1 gig, (2) WD1200JB in RAID0, eVGA 6800GT had no problems whats so ever besides one of the TV Single Player missions bug and not let me progress any farther though I haven't tried to see if it worked after getting the latest 1.01 TV update...

Back