[REQUEST]Engineering Hud

Skilz is PT

Veteran X
I would like to have a hud that tells how many turrets,mines,catapults, etc. are out. I play LD and like to know what we have out, but when i go inside to look my flag gets taken

:(

thx

While I think this is a great Idea I really dont think its pheasable as there are no events available that will make the hud updateable

From what I know about the scripting we are working with we need an actual game event to take place. For instance Flag Taken/Flag Dropped/Flag Returned are announced By the on screen Announcment, the Audio announcement and an entry in the events hud, all these are things that the client can use to generate the information on the flags current status, and this is why it is possible to script the Flaghud.

You will notice with the flag hud that when you first join a server the flag hud has ... in place of its actual position because until an event happens It dosnt know Shazbot about the flag.

No when you destroy a turret no on screen announcment, audio announcement or events hud entry take place so there is no client triggers useable to work out if a turret has been destroyed, deployed or still in its station. On top of this its also impossible for the hud to know how many turrets are in an actual map unless that is pre-programmed into the hud on a per map basis. But this data will of course become useless on custom maps.

so to conclude from my limited scripting knowledge it isnt possible.

PS: Sorry for the numerous typos, ive got toothache and im not in the mood to spellcheck/proofread

Shame delpoyables and other base objects do not show up on the CC objective lists. Would have made this simple :\

PowerSurge said:
From what I know about the scripting we are working with we need an actual game event to take place.
I don't think T2 announced (or messaged) when a deployable was hurt/destroyed. But T2 did allow you to mouse over objects in the command screen and see it's health. I assume thats how the EngHud got its info. Don't think I ever tried to do that in T:V.

So we need a server package to provide the assist for this.
I must be slow on the uptake lately because I just noticed in-place, destroyed objects blink on the command screen. So it seems "object destroyed" information is available to the client but how to make an Engineering Hud out of that info is beyond my ability.

Back