[Need Testers] Hunters!!!

Hobbiticus

Veteran X
I've completed a proof of concept for Team Hunters!! Woohoo!! If you don't know the game type, you basically have to hoard as many flags as you can. Each time a player dies, they will drop a flag. Your team must then return as many flags as they can at a time to the nexus. The points per flag returned is exponential, so hoarding pays off.

You can grab the necessary files from http://hobbiticus.acm.jhu.edu/tv . The .tvm goes in content/maps, the .u goes in program/bin, and the .pkg goes in content/classes.

You'll probably also have to add "ServerPackages=Hunters" in your TV_CD_DVD.ini (in program/bin) where all the other similar lines are, and I believe it has to be AFTER GamePlay.

EDIT:
I should probably say what this includes...
-You properly drop a flag when killed
-Flags disperse/spread properly when killed
-Exponential scoring (will probably need some tweaking

What I still have to do/need help with:
-Replace art (nexus, map icon, etc)
-Make good maps for it
-Yard Sales
-Game feedback messages (i.e. "NewBlood has returned 123 flags for Team Blood Eagle for 4,000,000 points!")

So, it's fully playable, but lacks the polish/goodies. If you find any actual bugs, let me know.

For you mappers out there, all you need to do to be able to play Hunters on a map is to add a Nexus.

If you have any questions about how I did some of the things I did let me know. Have fun!

Last edited:
1.0.1(63446)

Crash Time: 11/01/04 23:23:53

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2252 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS (6476)

TV Build Number: 63446

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file ''

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

BOO

does this not work then ? i loved the old hunters from t1, and would be more than happy to remake the old t1 hunters maps as well. but the last post seems to dictate that there is a problem with this mod?

So glad to see awesome mods coming out for this game.

This is the only this game will stand the test of time - if we can bring back everything from both T1 and T2 so that everyone is happy. Diversity could decrease numbers in specific areas but last time I checked there were no Hunters leagues, so it shouldn't detract from the standard CTF ladders...

Thanks Hobiticus! I loved this gameplay and look forward to playing it!

Kitrik

Check out Great Tribal War on irc @ #gtwar!!!
on sourceforge: gtwar.sourceforge.net

Great work Hobbiticus. I was a BIG fan of Hunters in T2 and was sad to see it left out of T:V.

I have this up & running on a dedicated server w/a redirect server for all the map/gametype files. To check out Hobbiticus' Team Hunters POC, conenct to -=|ASS|=- Arcade - all necessary files will be transfered client side on connect. Jump in and give it a shot.

Hobbiticus, any plans for a plain Hunters? I ran a dedicated Hunters T2 server and found that most peeps prefered Hunters over Team Hunters.

Note about redirect downloads:
This should take between 2 to 3 minutes over cable, during this time, unlike gameserver downloads, you will not be presented with any "percentage complete" feedback (umm... DevTeam?) - give it time, your not hung.

Cool stuff!

Well, in that case I'll update some more maps so it doesn't get old real quick. I also really want to get single-hunters too. The gametypes were just setup for two teams, so that's what I went with.

I'm going to update the files tonight to add some more stuff like yard sales and other messages :)

Ok, uploading a new cavern with the nexus where it should be, and also emerald and royalty.

-Updated the nexus to open/close for 60/20 seconds respectively (can only return when it is open). You can override this in the nexus properties.
-Added a bunch of messages
-Added a minimum number of flags that you can return at a time (20 right now)

Also put it all into a 10 meg zip! :)

I still need a good model for the nexus where I can control the animations for open/close, and maybe some better looking/lower poly flags, in case any artists want to help out.

EDIT:
Oh, and there's an experimental single-player hunters. To start up normal hunters, use HuntersClasses.ModeHunters, for team hunters, use HuntersClasses.ModeTeamHunters.

Last edited:
Back