[Request] T2 Sounds to Replace Announcer

Cinderkarst

Veteran X
It'd be nice to have familiar "alert" sounds of T2 instead of announcer spam. They wouldn't be hard to replace, but the trick would be to have a "team" effect with game objects (flag grabs, caps, goals, etc.)

Can it be done, and will someone be good enough to do it so I don't have to deal with the announcer if I want audio cues?

An additional question, is whether making new content like this would be detected as a changed CRC, meaning servers would kick you.

LurchDawg said:
An additional question, is whether making new content like this would be detected as a changed CRC, meaning servers would kick you.
That's a good question.
Anyway anything would be better than that stupid announcer so I second your request. :)

Anything new about this?

I am very interested in it - because the lack of knowledge in UT scripting I am forced to beg for it even I would do it by myself with some first hints!

Which class should be extended or maybe overwritten to have the anounces (at the first place for flag caps) shouted to the teamy way?

Are mutators always serverside or could this special case be done as a client mutator or something?

i made it 2 month ago ... not released yet cuz i'm working on a quickchat improvement as well ... should be released next week :)
announcer works real good and you can set a different sound for an event if it apply to your team or to the enemy one ... you'll see it soon

It won't be picked up as a CRC change. You'd just have to make a new folder and rename the sounds within it, then change your user.ini to the name of the new folder. The only thing is without scripting you can't get sounds based on enemy/friendly, only phoenix/beagle/imperial. I'll assume cactus' solution takes care of this so you can wait for his release.

well here it is :)
http://cactusbone.com/tv/index.php?page=newQuickChatMenu

it includes :
- a new vchat based on T2 idk one ... with T2 sounds
- a new vchat system which supports extension and more stuff
- a new sound handler which allows you to specify which allow you to get sounds based on enemy/friendly for announcer, as well as adding new sounds to quickchat without copying them to all folders

Enjoy !

i'd appreaciate any feedback i can get and i'll gladly answer any questions you might have ;)

Back