Removing Certain Announcments

PowerSurge

Veteran X
I know its possible to switch off the announcer full stop but is it possible to just turn of certain ones. I do want to know the following

Flag Taken
Flag Returned
Generator Destroyed

But I couldnt give 2 shazbots about

Generator under attack
sensor under attack
Sensor destroyed
Territory Contested

So its just spamming announcments that are pretty much of little or no importance.

Also in which file are the options to move the on screen announcments (the ones in white text) I checked tribeshud.ini and didnt see it although it just could have been me as I was tired as hell at the time.

Many thanks

Announcements window is where the text appears.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the specific updates themselves. I've been poking around trying to find where the sounds are called from, but haven't any luck yet.

Right I finally worked out how to move the annoucments window so they dont cover the quickchat/loudouts anymore. But as for turning off certain announcments I remain clueless. Anybody?

[default_AnnouncementLabel]
textColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=0)

dunno if it's the correct way tho but it removes the annoying center-prints announcements ;o (you could delete the music file if you dont want to hear it either).

so go check for

remove everything under it and add

It is my understanding that instead of deleting any information for a specific function all you really need to do is comment the function out.

Example:

Change this -

to this -

;[default_AnnouncementLabel]

Notice the ";" before the call out.

As I said im my above post ive solved the problem with my onscreen announcments, I moved them near the bottom so the dont block my Quickchat/Loadouts

What I want to know is how to disable certain audio announcments, as I am fed up of having to hear about the enemy sensor under attack, especially when that over laps on "????? flag has been taken" which is so frequently does.

It should be possible. Gimme a min to test a couple of things out.

EDIT: Yep, I think that works.
Go to your Content\System\Localisation\Speech\ folder and make a copy of the announcer you use (1, 2 or 3) and name is Announcer4. Delete any of the files you do not need.
Now, go back to your Content\System\Localisation\Speech\ folder and edit the Announcer.int file with your fave text editor. You will see a list of the filenames and the associated announcer text (after the = sign). All you need to do is delete the associated text for the files you have deleted and you will no longer have those show up on the announcer hud.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention you need to set the announcertype in your TV_CD_DVD.ini to reflect the name of the edited announcer folder.

Another vote for Ilys in the person of the year contest. Thanks mate, this is much appreciated. If I never have to hear another objective announcement, it will be too soon.

Back