AutoTurrets

Santa

Veteran XV
I loaded up the imp auto chain turret (the ship one) and I set it to a team and it fires at me when I host it myself. I tried to copy the properties to a sentry turret but it didnt work... (AI properties etc.). Can anyone (devs) let me know if its possible for MP to have auto base turrets? I would assume so since there's deployable ones.

Thanks.

I've gotten close.

I started with a deployed turrent, and changed it's info until it was a working Base Burner Turrent... but it looks like you can't change the way a deployed turret is destroyed (ie, when the BBT is blown up, it's removed from play & isn't repairable).

I haven't had much luck with changing the properties of a base turret to be AI driven.

I'm guessing the equipment class is all engine coded, so it will probably require a mutator to get AI base turrets (but I'll play with it more tonight).

-Half

Halfscan said:
I've gotten close.

I started with a deployed turrent, and changed it's info until it was a working Base Burner Turrent... but it looks like you can't change the way a deployed turret is destroyed (ie, when the BBT is blown up, it's removed from play & isn't repairable).

I haven't had much luck with changing the properties of a base turret to be AI driven.

I'm guessing the equipment class is all engine coded, so it will probably require a mutator to get AI base turrets (but I'll play with it more tonight).

-Half

would it be possible, as a kludge, to set the turret's destroy value EXTREMELY high, but the disable value very low? e.g., 4 mortars to disable, 400 to destroy? So it realistically never gets destroyed, but gets knocked out as per normal?
Obviously this would simply be a temporary kludge, since ideally you would want to kill turrets for a point.

Devo_N said:
would it be possible, as a kludge, to set the turret's destroy value EXTREMELY high, but the disable value very low? e.g., 4 mortars to disable, 400 to destroy?

Unfortunately, no.

Deployable turrets are destroyed & removed from play when they reach the disabled value.

I have a second idea that I thought might work, but haven't been able to get going right. I've tried cutting and pasting a grunt and turret from SP and enabling their AI for MP. The grunt is working fine, but he won't man the turret like he did in SP... I'm not sure why.

May play with it more in a day or two, but right now I wan to get back to work on my map.

-Half

Did this ever get fixed? Ive tried simply cutting and pasting from the DX automated base turret, but that doesnt seem to work.

how do you implement these turrets in a map?

Devo_N said:
Did this ever get fixed? Ive tried simply cutting and pasting from the DX automated base turret, but that doesnt seem to work.

how do you implement these turrets in a map?

It's been ages since I messed with it, but I'm guessing you didn't copy all the parts (you need to copy the turret, the bot to control it, and the script to execute them both... IIRC).

-Half

Back