[Release] Vyrticls' T:V GUI

Vyrticl

Veteran X
This HUD is for people who like the default T:V HUD. It pretty much looks the same as the default HUD but has a few display fixes and minor hud changes...

Updated to v2

v2 changes/fixes
  • fixed the W key not displaying in the quick chat menus (w00t!)

v1 changes/fixes
  • fixed misalignments on the scoreboard
  • color coded the team names on the scoreboard
  • slightly increased the chat hud size to be the same size as the scoreboard
  • made system messages transparent so it's easier to read chat
  • fixed chat entry box so it doesn't cut off the bottom of certain letters
  • slightly moved the quick chat hud down so it doesn't overlap with the chat hud
  • made the flag hud flash red when you have the flag

Vyrticls' HUD screenshot

Vyrticls' HUD download

Extract the .zip file to your <T:V dir>. Make sure to make a backup of your <T:V dir>\Content\System\TribesHUD.ini before installing!

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:
that's a huge ass file

how did you actually find the stuff in there?

are you sure you didn't mean to upload TribesHUD.ini instead?

Last edited:
Limbo said:
uh, that looks exactly the same as the stock huds

Vyrticl said:
This GUI is for people who like the default T:V GUI. It pretty much looks the same as the default GUI but has a few display fixes and minor hud changes...

etc etc

read before you post...

jotun said:
that's a huge ass file

how did you actually find the stuff in there?

are you sure you didn't mean to upload TribesHUD.ini instead?

Once you know the file layout it's easy to find stuff. All similar stuff is grouped together, comments tell you what section you're in. It's not too hard, just looks intimidating at first.

Limbo said:
uh, that looks exactly the same as the stock huds

And yes I know it looks almost the same as the default HUD. I like the default HUD but noticed a few improvements/fixes I could make to it.

jotun said:
i'm confused...

so team 1 will always be green and team 2 will always be red?

what's the point of that?

Team 1 is always your team even if you change teams in the middle of the map, thus green. Team 2 will always be the enemy team, thus red.

Can you take some more shots comparing the default hud at various points to this new one (before/after)? Just so we can get an idea of what the fixes and changes appear like.

(I'm still liking the sounds of it, going to give the thing a go)

Now someone just needs to figure out how to change reticle color... its in the same file. I have edited the RGBA settings of the reticle colors but it does absolutely nothing.

Back