[bug]Vehicle disembarking crash

Fitzy

Veteran X
Computer: compaq nx9500 3ghtz, 512ram, geforce go5700

Map: any

Vehicle: has done it in the jeep vehicle and in the hover pod thing.

Whenever I try and get out of a vehicle the game locks up and loops a sound file. Has happened every time I've tried a vehicle. When I press F it shows me get out and then locks up instantly. The sound file sounds like an impact noise.

Last night, a buddy and I both crashed with same bug.

We were in the rover, and it flipped over and we both crashed...but these were seperate instances. I was in the gunner position when I locked up and couldn't CLT ALT DEL to go to desktop, or ALT F4, or ALT ESCAPE, nothing...I had to manually reboot my computer.

Anytime the vehicle explodes, my game freezes up... I get no error, no nothing... Just a frozen screen that I need to manually reboot my comp...

I have a p4 1.7 GHZ. geforce 3 512 RAM

I haven't had this instance with a vehicle, but this usually happens once per map when I hit an inventory station. If I actually get through a map without it happening, it happens when I first hit an invo at the start of the next map. 90% of the time this occurs.

Pent 4 3.0 Ghz, 512 MB Ram, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

I have this same problem.. when either

A) Exiting the vehicle manually, the screen freezes and I get a looped Sound effect (Usually just short burts of it, not the whole effect)

B) Exiting the vehicle due to explosion.. (same effect)

Last edited:
Do you guys have the latest GeForce drivers? If not, which versions do you have?

I'v had the bug at the invo not in any vehicles, i'm running the latest ATI driver 4.8

System spec:
AMD 3200+ Swiftech MC-462a
Asus A7N8X Win/XP Pro SP2
512 DDR PC-3500+
ATI 9800XT
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Newest Driver

--Fatal

We just got the vehicle bug here while we were runing a listen server. Can you guys get the same problem happening if you run a dedicated server?

With the Inv bug, it only happens if you press 'f' more than once on the station.

I am running the 61.77 (? I think that's the newest) drivers on my 6800 GT. yesterday I hosted my own server and I got through two maps without it happening. I'll have to remember not to hit f twice when I jump on an inventory.

Trevelyan said:
I am running the 61.77 (? I think that's the newest) drivers on my 6800 GT. yesterday I hosted my own server and I got through two maps without it happening. I'll have to remember not to hit f twice when I jump on an inventory.

The vehicle bug should only happen if you are a client on a listen server. If you see it occur in any other circumstance, give me a yell.

Back