[FEEDBACK] Deployable Turrets

As of right now, I acutally think those little buggers are too powerful.

Why? Because of three things, that when put together, just make them nuts to go against.

1) They dish out a good amount of damage fairly fast and are pretty accurate
2) They take 3 discs to take out
3) There's no limit to how close together they can be (apparently)

Those three together make it very hard to cap on pubs. Now I'm sure in competition play, where you have a HO dedicated to disrupting flag D it won't be as much of a problem, but it can be for pub play, and that can be a selling point.

The problem I found is, flag pedestals are small, which I like as it's less room for tons of D to stand on, however on all of them you can fit 2-3 turrets, each that take 3 discs to kill. Generally, when capping as a light, I'm dead before I touch the flag unless they're shooting at someone else before I show up.

I don't mind the damage, but I think there should be a limit to how close to each other they can be, or weaken them so that 2 discs can kill them (as is they're left with about a CG bullets worth of health left after disc #2).

I'm not trying to set the game up for cowboy capping, I believe in teamwork, but at the same time a lone capper should have some chance against automated defenses. At least let me get owned by the HoF/LD and not their turrets.

But so far what I've seen:

Winterlake - saw someone have 4 or 5 turrets (probably 4) on the flag stand. 2 on the flag stand itself, and 2 on the roof. They were set up so that if you came from the side closest the stand you'd have 3 of them shooting at you as you approached. If you came from the long side, they'd be shooting you closer to the flag itself (basically put facing the outside of the base).

Isle (think it's Isle..the one with the chainlink fence by the flag) saw 3 set up near the flag..not a big problem, the flags here are clustered enough that the turrets died pretty quick.

Cavern - see Isle

Emerald (hilly area, flags on those tower things) 2 turrets on the podium w/ a HoF with rep pack and burner..this was very hard to get through. Getting the flag wasn't bad, it was surviving 10 feet with it.

Of the three, I think either lower the health, or some restriction on how close they can be (so you can't have 2 on the same flag stand).

Thoughts?

I just want to point out as a capper (on a route) turrets should not hit you. I mean this isn't a brag, its just the truth...the turrets only serve to kill HO and cappers who have been bb'ed.

-Striker- said:
I just want to point out as a capper (on a route) turrets should not hit you. I mean this isn't a brag, its just the truth...the turrets only serve to kill HO and cappers who have been bb'ed.

maybe I haven't found the uber routes yet Striker.

So you're saying, with 3 turrets on the winterlake flag stand, they don't hit you once on a route? mind you, they're place to block a decent portion of each entrance.

I understand I shouldn't be getting hit by the turrets as a capper, but how do you do it aside from going "super fast" (which also doesn't work as just slightly move the turret and it'll BB you THEN own you.

AvA_Majestic said:
if they're packed that close together, why cant you just nade them on the way in?

They're not side by side. Does the gren do that much more damage than the disc?

I'll have to try it out. My current capper loadout is disc, chain, grapple. Disc..well, it's the disc. chain for dueling (if i have to. probably swap it out) and grapple for if i need to grapple something.

Routes that avoid getting hit by turrets are a dime a dozen, just keep playing a bit.

Interestinly enough, my best routes worst nemesis are mines b/c you are coming in so fast and low you can only get one disk off.

I HO and MO rape, turrets havent really been a problem for me very often. A few times people have had good setups that stopped a few of my HO runs though.

-Striker- said:
Routes that avoid getting hit by turrets are a dime a dozen, just keep playing a bit.

Interestinly enough, my best routes worst nemesis are mines b/c you are coming in so fast and low you can only get one disk off.

out of curiosity, any of those routes circuit routes (leave your base, grab their flag, back to your base in one route) or are they all start from point A, grab flag, head home?

Quaduce said:
I HO and MO rape, turrets havent really been a problem for me very often. A few times people have had good setups that stopped a few of my HO runs though.

I was pretty much ignoring them until I came against a fairly stacked D on CkB.

They had the four turrets set up on winterlake, 2 LD, a HoF, and 2 pods. Was like being the duck if the Marines were going duck hunting.

I stand corrected. Oh well, I still think they have the potential to be over-powering. Glad I put up a fairly sensible, if underinformed, argument instead of just "the turrets suck..fix 'em"

enDless_Delirium said:
out of curiosity, any of those routes circuit routes (leave your base, grab their flag, back to your base in one route) or are they all start from point A, grab flag, head home?

best routes are circuits but usually work as A->B by just jetting high and landing on a hill on the last leg of it...usually not quite as fast though.

I run disk/RP/grapple right now, but I actually considered doing that. Might try it in medium with a buckler/rp/grapple combo.

Back