Net outage on server join

MikeYb0y

Veteran XX
I just got T:V off of fileplanet and isntalled it. but when i click the join server tab it locks up for about 3 seconds, then my internet will go out. any ideas or suggestions on what i should try? my firewall is off so its not that

specs :
amd 1.2
256 sdram pc133
radeon 7500

I've got the same issue happening to me.

I have a very difficult time getting the list of servers to show up in my JOIN screen. I usually have to hit the refresh servers button over and over to get anything. As I am doing this I get a little pop-up that says my internet connection has been disconnected. Most of the time it re-establishes its connection on its own, but occassionally it requires a complete reboot.

SYSTEM SPECS:

ASUS P4PE (Intel 845PE chipset)
3.06 ghz HT processor
1.0 GB ram
Windows XP Pro SP1

I too would like to play. Any ideas? No Firewalls on my system by the way . . .

MikeYb0y said:
specs :
amd 1.2
256 sdram pc133
radeon 7500

damn that computer is crap. your going to need alittle better lol.

you should be able to get like 10-15 fps on lowest settings with that tho lol.

IrritAnt said:
Have you got a firewall happening? Like Zone Alarm?

No Firewalls anywhere that I am "aware" of. I've got an older version of Norton Systemworks installed but I do not believe it has any sort of Firewall security. I disable the Anti-virus portion of the program whenever I try to play. I've checked the Network settings on my system and there's no Firewalls going on there. Not sure where else I might look . . .

I don't know if it is a help at all but I managed to narrow my problem down to the Belkin Switch. There's nothing wrong with the switch (well, it works with all my other on-line games), but it doesn't seem to like T:V at all. Would it be helpful to have a specific make and model? I'm at work right now and not in front of it. T:V causes my switch to "reset" most every time I try to do a server querry. To play the game I have to unplug my switch and plug directly to my cablemodem.

For those few times I managed to do a server querry while plugged into my switch once I was in-game there were no problems at all.

Pharaoh said:
I don't know if it is a help at all but I managed to narrow my problem down to the Belkin Switch...

I've had similiar problems with a D-Link router and Xbox Live! (though it was "Xbox Live! Certified"), when most everything else worked fine. I had to exchange it at the store and buy a linksys router elsewhere.

:shrug: Whether saying that was useful or not, I do not know.

Back