[BUG] Falling through the ground

Breadman86

Veteran XX
It has happened other times but I just made my own server to test it out myself.

Map: Emerald
Gametype I was playing: Rabbit (happens on all though I'd assume)
System Specs: Pentium4 2ghz, 512mb DDR, GeForce4 Ti 4400, WindowsXP Home

Recreation/Description: I've recreated it multiple times and have even recorded it. I just shoot myself up till I'm near death (enough so that when I hit the ground I die), then fly into the air as high as I absolutely can, let go of the jets, and let myself fall. Bam. Everything is white except me until I land and just see the faint OOB grid above me. So I recreate this again except record it. Same thing happens. I then go back and watch the recording... in the recording I seem to land on the ground just fine and I don't "fall through." It's probably a velocity thing.

Game Specs: I'm running everything on high except shadows are medium, and terrain mapping or whatever it is called is ultra high, 2.0 shaders are off. Resolution is 1024x768, and I have 3D sound on.

In a scrim the other night I fell through the map while deploying the Rover, eerily similar to T2 MPB bug. Although in TV the screen is complete back, I can still shoot weapons while I fall, and I got top velocity score at the end of the map at around 8000.

Back