News: TribalWar Competition System

Colosus

my pronouns are..
Veteran XX
With the release of the Tribes: Vengeance open beta, TribalWar is proud to open the TribalWar Competition System (TCS) for testing. Now is your chance to be a part of the Tribes competition revolution. As you play Tribes: Vengeance, create a team and play in some organized competition to provide the feedback only competitive gamers can give.

As you do this, help us create the ladder/league/tournament system you've all been dying for. We've been hard at work for the past 16 months creating an all-new system designed from the ground up for Tribes and only Tribes. See something you like? Comment on it. See something missing? Let us know. See a bug? Report it.

We are proud to also offer ladders for the European and Pacific Rim teams that wish to join. This includes complete localisation features with separate rule sets, different map choices and complete time zone support for all countries.

Also as you test, start thinking about the upcoming election. The Tribes Competition Council election that is. TribalWar is taking a whole new approach to the way competition is administered. For the day to day administration, everything will be handled by unbias, professional administrators who don't play on the ladders they admin. This insures an impartial judgement not based on friendship or their own team making it to the top of the ladder. On top of that though is the TCC. An elected body of officials designated by the community to handle all appeals, map additions and removals and rule changes.

For this beta test, there will be no TCC (as none of the rules are final) but starting sometime in September or early October we will hold the very first TCC election. Now's your chance to become a part of Tribal History.

Sign up today at <a href="http://ladders.tribalwar.com">http://ladders.tribalwar.com</a>. Also feel free to join us in #tcs on <a href="irc://irc.dynamix.com/tcs/">irc.dynamix.com</a> if you have any questions.

As I said, the ladder isn't finalized. If you have comments, feel free to share them. This is your ladder and your system. Hopefully you like everything and see nothing missing, but that's probably a pipe dream. Let us know what you want.

Could I reg. 5150? If so, that's a problem.

I put in Trauma, so any ex-|T| folks gimme a PM. I also regged Jackson 5 for some arena lovin.

<--StealthSender

Last edited:
nazbot said:
Could I reg. 5150? If so, that's a problem.

I put in Trauma, so any ex-|T| folks gimme a PM. I also regged Jackson 5 for some arena lovin.

<--StealthSender
You could, but when the real owner of that teams comes looking for it, we'll take it from you.

axle- said:
get the arena ladder on there too. :]
and if you already have, my mistake.. i havent checked it in a few hours.
Are the arena guys going to want to play what is currently considered "Arena"? I thought there was a big uprising about that.

I don't know if this was went over but I vote for a more catergorized team history with most recent history appearing first.

For example, on TWL a few teams history were pretty extended with 3 or 4 different game types and ladders (all tribes) they participated in being listed. To view their current match results scrolling between 3 types of ladders and match results EDIT: that were played months, even years ago just seemed, for lack of better term, unnecessary.

Perhaps catergorized each ladder and gametype much like you have the "expand roster" feature. That's pretty neat. :)

And perhaps on the same page as the team page. :shrug:

You know there's going to be more ladders than a ctf ladder throughout T:V. or do you just plan on running a "ctf" ladder exclusively?

Just a small suggestion

Last edited:
Back