[Bug] Pressing use twice on Inv, Black Screen on Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerONE

Veteran X
[Full description of the bug]
When stepping on to an Inventory station, you are prompted to press USE or QUICK pick. If you press USE twice in rapid succession, you will be granted access to the Inventory. The normal screen appears and you can select your loadout. On Accept Changes and Exit, you Exit to a Black Screen. Hud elements are visible. Moving the mouse you'll notice the radar hud moves, but everything remains black. Backing off the Inventory using direction keys, restores the black screen to normal.

[Steps to reproduce the bug]
Stand on an Inventory station, press USE in quick succession.

[Other interesting factors]
I keep trying to reproduce the "lockup" bug when joining an Inv with varied success. Happen to stumble across this one. Of the times I've "locked" up, I see the CHAT window sometimes. It can be on an empty server, but I haven't been able to do it offline.

Have experianced this also, unfortunatly after a few seconds with the black screen up it has also lead to a crash...extremely messes my machine up, had to restart in every case :(

2600Xp+ (@ 2.2gig)
512 DDR pc 3200
Geforce 4 Ti 4200

I also get this bug quite a bit. I run up to the inventory station and hit F in a frantic fury (usually while we are being attacked in base near an inventory station) and the game freezes. I have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE and kill the process. The inventory monitor animation doesn't even execute.

Normally I have set loadouts so I avoid it, but it does happen enough that I am avoiding using the inventory interface while playing on a server.

--

Pentium 4 2.4c
nVidia BFG 6800 GT
1 Gig Ram
Windows XP SP1

When this happened to me, my grappler became invisible and i could grapple but i could only see the hook, and no rope.. and it was faster.. very very weird..

I have it the other way around, if I press twice quickly i'm BROUGHT to a black screen and can't get out of it except by Alt-F4ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back