[Request/Observations] Game Sounds and Effects

Breadman86

Veteran XX
Overall I think the game sounds are great but when people grab the flag, cap the flag, or win the match, it just doesn't seem enthusiastic enough. In Tribes1 and 2 I felt like it was a great accomplishment and a joyous moment when we capped, but in T:V it just seems lacking... just a "yeah, you got it, good job... " instead of a "WOOHOO! WE WON!" Thats my observation #1.

Now to the effects... the grenade launcher. Wow. Lacking. Explosion is good but the trail dissapoints. It's far too narrow and not very distinguishable. In fact, most weapon trails arn't very distingusihable between eachother. They are unique but not unique enough.

I'd like to see a mortar trail that just scares the life out of me when I see the massive trail of green smoke behind it.

Same with the grenades... the game is such a brighter game, that the white grenade trail seems almost unnoticable at times.

And finally, the chaingun effect. Once again due to the brightness of the game, the chaingun is barely noticable. It sounds great but the bullets are not at all noticeable enough. If I'm flying and being chained from the back, the only way I know is if I start seeing my health slowly decline. I dont' even notice the straw bullets wizzing past my ear like in previous games and I definetly can't see them flying past.

These are all minor requests however, and if none are completed I'm sure I'll survive. The game is great as it is, but I think the experience could be more smoothed out and more fluid if these changes were made. And yeah, if not, there is always the mod squad, right?

Back