we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

gibsonic said:
no legal obligation, maybe...but most charitable organizations that accept donations for revenue generally have a well defined self-governance in place. Many charitable organizations are relgious in nature, and I know that all of the ones I have been privy'd to their workings, all have a rigid internal goverance system that keeps charitable givers giving. The purpose isn't really so much just that they are good people, if they blow the funds that are given to them (i.e. Colosuss) on things that were not orginally budget for and the giving parties find out about it, they greatly risk loosing said funding. I think TW will experience this the next time a "server" fundraiser comes up.

I think if we do need new servers or bandwidth or hosting or whatever, we should elect a group of people that will be fully disclosed by the admin staff.

If it is a purely hardware request, we should look into a sorta "gift registry" type thing where individual items, (memory, HD's, processor) etc are able to be individually paid for by specific members or a fund for the larger ticket items that no single person would be willing to donate. This sort of running tab of donations in a specific thread will allow full disclosure of the funds and bring a real contributatory bond to the community.

TW isn't a charitable organization. The closest it comes to being is a non-profit organization -- and those are two entirely different things.

PixieDee said:
I love the smell of revelation in the morning. It reminds me of Bounty and El Mar. Naked. Dancing in a pool of chocolate pudding.

:rofl:

It's funny ... because it made me horny.

Bounty said:
TW isn't a charitable organization. The closest it comes to being is a non-profit organization -- and those are two entirely different things.

whatever whatever, same thing in terms of the point being made.

Rest assurd i will never just donate cash to this forum just so Col or some other admin can get a new toy. I may donate to a good cause such as if someone's something died or was injured and had a personal touch, or if there was a specific hardware need as mentioned in my earlier post.

Blanket giving to THIS organization if fucking stupid at this point.

DruMAX said:
I dont want people laughing at my frisbees size nipples.

Yeah, alright.....I have come to the conclusion that I will make it a point to not read titty comments from TW members....its gonna scar me

Neutrino said:
For anyone to be surprised at the retorts from Old_Skull and Cheater, they must not read the forum much.

Yeah, I don't really read the TW much at all.

After sleeping on it, it occurs to me that the responses of those two guys in particular is related more to fraggle's implicit harassment of the "commercialization" of UVALAN than anything else. In defending Colosus, they are indirectly defending themselves.

I don't have a problem with Cheater and old_skul making money off of UVALAN. It's a blast for the price of admission. More power to them. Although I do feel that the value for one's gaming dollar is significantly reduced if one can not set up to play, and it also seems that operational overhead for folks who can not set up to play is also reduced. But that is a speculative economic matter, and not a complaint.

My first donation was to get Rayn a new monitor, even if TW's not the same as "the good ol days", I'm not worrying about what is done with my donations.

There was no gun to anyones head.
Ink_Missile.gif

LostDuck said:
Hurray for Col for answering straight up to the B.S.! :clap:
This point still stands:

Colosus said:
- Laptop was $1300. $569 of that was paid for by TW. The laptop was used to bring you the press conference coverage from San Fran since we couldn't lug a huge computer and a monitor, keyboard, mouse, et al to the press conference to cast it.

Col gave himself $569 for a new laptop which could have been rented for the purpose of the event. Depending on whether you agree with this or not as a donator, you have the choice to 1. Donate in the future 2. Not donate in the future. Legally, there is nothing you can do because it was a donation. If you don't like it, don't donate. If you don't trust Col, which you may have reason not to, then don't donate.

Bitching and whining is also okay.

old_skul said:
As if Colosus doesn't deserve some compensation. You should be ashamed, Fraggle.
If everyone who deserved compensation got some compensation, there would be no money left on the free market.

I haven't read the thread, except the last page and a few eariler pages ages ago.. and I might just say that Col has given alot more then 569 to TW in the past.. and thats not counting the countless things he does which dollar values can't be placed.. this thread is rediculous.

Although in future hot about TW pays for my ticket to the conference and I will bring my own laptop.. and hell, I will bring a nice digi video cam too :)

when the donations first started, i asked Col in IRC why he needed $4,000 instead of just $2,500 for a new server. He said that he wanted the best components so TW wouldn't have to upgrade for awhile.

So he basically lied to my face and used one conference as an excuse to get himself a cool new laptop.

oh well, I guess I won't donate anymore :angry:

Like Dex, I don't want/can't read 48 pages what are people saying?

Back