we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

holy shit this thread is huge...

my two cents:
TW can be a pain and Colosus deserves a little compensation(But not when the money is donated for a specific purpose!). What I don't like is the fact that he said the server cost was around $3k and the upgrades to the current server were about $1k, hell i know i was arguing about him buying Opterons instead(he said we didnt have the cash). Now to find out we had a surplus of cash for the server im wondering why we invested in Xeons when the opterons kill them in performance.

I would have liked to have some say on how my money that I donated is spent, i thought i was donating to increase the performance of the forum, not for hardware for press events that I don't really give two shits about.

Oooh ... look at Neutrino's post! :D

Neutrino said:
I'm going to respond to what Cheater said earlier and in whole what happened here.

Firstly, I see nothing wrong with making a profit, ever, unless it is at the detriment of others.

BUT... there is a time and a place for profits and profits should always come with the responsibility of being honest.

I have a problem with how the money was spent and it furthered my reasons for not ever contributing to anything except where I have descretion as to how the dollars are spent. The fact of the matter is the dollars where sent in for a need, it was specifically earmarked for new hardware. I see no difference in the validity of the reaction of some of the people who are upset about this as to when the Red Cross decided to spend a vast percentage of the money people specifically sent in for 9/11 assuming it to be earmarked for that and only that, only to find out a majority of the funds would be spent on other projects including the purchase of new Red Cross assets that would not even be used in the United States. Sorry, that's dishonest, and when people are dishonest there is every right for others involved to be upset.

Now, regarding UVALan, if you want it to be a profitable business venture, I would harbor not one ill feeling towards you for it. In fact I think it would be awesome if you could make a living at it, I know I would love it.

BUT... that is not what UVALan has been about. It was a community gathering, had I had the opportunity to come to the east coast I would have loved to have been there. And I would have assumed that it was by and for the community, meaning that every dollar was spent for a reason and not for profit.

By all means, everyone has the right to profit off of their hard work, but lets be honest about it.

Neutrino said:
I'm going to respond to what Cheater said earlier and in whole what happened here.

Firstly, I see nothing wrong with making a profit, ever, unless it is at the detriment of others.

BUT... there is a time and a place for profits and profits should always come with the responsibility of being honest.

I have a problem with how the money was spent and it furthered my reasons for not ever contributing to anything except where I have descretion as to how the dollars are spent. The fact of the matter is the dollars where sent in for a need, it was specifically earmarked for new hardware. I see no difference in the validity of the reaction of some of the people who are upset about this as to when the Red Cross decided to spend a vast percentage of the money people specifically sent in for 9/11 assuming it to be earmarked for that and only that, only to find out a majority of the funds would be spent on other projects including the purchase of new Red Cross assets that would not even be used in the United States. Sorry, that's dishonest, and when people are dishonest there is every right for others involved to be upset.

Now, regarding UVALan, if you want it to be a profitable business venture, I would harbor not one ill feeling towards you for it. In fact I think it would be awesome if you could make a living at it, I know I would love it.

BUT... that is not what UVALan has been about. It was a community gathering, had I had the opportunity to come to the east coast I would have loved to have been there. And I would have assumed that it was by and for the community, meaning that every dollar was spent for a reason and not for profit.

By all means, everyone has the right to profit off of their hard work, but lets be honest about it.

Darkness said:
I would have liked to have some say on how my money that I donated is spent, i thought i was donating to increase the performance of the forum, not for hardware for press events that I don't really give two shits about.

I would like to have some say about how my tax dollars are spent. But for all intents and purposes, I don't.

Life sucks, doesn't it?

IF THEYRE ALLOWED RIGHTS TO SHOUTCAST IT'LL CUT OUR LISTENER BASE FROM 60 NERD A NIGHT (NAN) to 30 NERD!

Hedge said:
Dude 1g can buy a kick-ass set of race wheels. Why waste it on a laptop?

404t.jpg

mmmmmmm

mmmmmmm indeed.

Ah, the coming demise of TW. In any event, I'm glad I opted for the buyer's protection thingy on Paypal when I donated, and I'd like to exercise my option to use it by demanding a refund. And I'd like the 'Contributor' tag removed from my name immediately, it's now an embarrassment. thx.

Bounty said:
I would like to have some say about how my tax dollars are spent. But for all intents and purposes, I don't.

Life sucks, doesn't it?
yea, but i didnt give my tax money for a specific purpose.

Spadeon9 said:
Ah, the coming demise of TW. In any event, I'm glad I opted for the buyer's protection thingy on Paypal when I donated, and I'd like to exercise my option to use it by demanding a refund. And I'd like the 'Contributor' tag removed from my name immediately, it's now an embarrassment. thx.

Way to be a sandy little butthole
dd.desk.satan.gif

Back