? for the T:V developers

mastap504

Veteran X
Will the concept art of An imperial fort be in the game? I still havent seen that base in any T:V pix. I really like how they have the gate in the front that can open and close and also the bad ass firing slits on the top, I think its a really cool base design. Is it going to make it into the game exactly as it was shown in the concept art? plz say yes Thrax!

No it won't, but the building blocks to make it are available to map makers. That art was just to indicate flavor, and didn't take anything like gameplay into account.

that sux i was kinda excited to see a base like that in the game =( now im disappointed. What kind of gameplay problems did it cause? Yall should definitely make a base with firing slits like that at the top of the base I think its a really cool idea. Also Im kind of worried bc I havent seen any pictures of bases that are off the ground except for one or two. Will we see a lot of maps with bases like this in the game?

mastap504 said:
that sux i was kinda excited to see a base like that in the game =( now im disappointed. What kind of gameplay problems did it cause? Yall should definitely make a base with firing slits like that at the top of the base I think its a really cool idea. Also Im kind of worried bc I havent seen any pictures of bases that are off the ground except for one or two. Will we see a lot of maps with bases like this in the game?
Let me just repeat myself a bit: That art was just to indicate flavor, and didn't take anything like gameplay into account.

To put it another way, it's just something an artist cooked up off the top of his head in order to show what the style of an imperial base could be like. It never existed in anything other than a drawing. It's 2D. Not even a back on the base. In our strange world of pretend, this is even more pretend. It's short a dimension, so to speak.

It didn't present any gameplay problems, because it was never in any game. It's just a sketch from an artist.

As for what you have and haven't seen, I assure you that you haven't seen much at all. :). We've been pretty close to the vest with a lot of information and images, so don't worry about what you haven't seen, because that's about 95% of the game (or more) so far.

imperial-fort-logo.jpg

Well my next question then is will we see a lot of bases that are off the ground like the ones in Tribes? I always thought bases like this were a tradition in Tribes and they werent in Tribes 2 which sucked.

Thrax Panda said:
We've been pretty close to the vest with a lot of information and images, so don't worry about what you haven't seen, because that's about 95% of the game (or more) so far.
You heard it here first folks, the game is 95% done.
:)

That, or he means that we haven't seen over 95% of the game in it's current state (which is probably not 95% complete). :rolleyes:

Back