3D tribes?

I've tried shtter glasses long ago.

They're pretty cool, but they're not a necesssity. More like a racing wheel but less popular. And really they've never been that big of a selling point b/c game have to be written to be compatable and the market is too small. Now if video cards came packaged with them with built in hardware support, maybe then they'd take off.

But they're too overpriced and under supported to be worth it.

Oh, and yes, they work pretty well at emulating depth.

These look like the same ones I saw at a technology forum in California. The guy doing the presentation said that they work with any 3D game, and all that is required is a program running in the background to do the interpreting so there appears to be depth when you wear the glasses.

You can try 3D for free if you can get your hands on some of those blue/red 3D glasses. nVidia has the driver free for download from their site. Main problems are:

Refresh rate - It's basically cut in half since each eye is renedered seperately = headaches
Huds/Reticals - Generally aren't rendered correctly (they "float" in the wrong place)
Need a beefy 3D card - When I tried it, my GF3Ti500 couldn't cut it at 1024x728 in T2

Back