T:V Announcers

Rosdower

Veteran XX
I can only imagine there's going to be an announcer for arena maps. How good will it be. I was thinking last night that when you create your name in game, you can set a pronounciation key so the announcer will actually SAY your name when you do something. It may be tedious, but cool.

Also, will there be an announcer for outdoor maps, or just arena, small scale, maps?

Rosdower said:
I can only imagine there's going to be an announcer for arena maps. How good will it be. I was thinking last night that when you create your name in game, you can set a pronounciation key so the announcer will actually SAY your name when you do something. It may be tedious, but cool.

Also, will there be an announcer for outdoor maps, or just arena, small scale, maps?
I was actually thinking about that like a week ago, and how cool that'd be. For CTF too, when you cap. "Ixiterra scores for team Blood Eagle." Makes you feel like a super star. ;)

Is there any tech out there though that'd make it not sound like a robot with a throat problem saying the names? If there isn't I'd rather just have canned messages said.

I can already hear a lot of swearing and "Iamgay caps!" in my head.

Could be easier to use numbers tho.

Also hire John Madden to do it. "You can't CAP the flag if you don't HAVE the flag Pat!" "Number 44 had some MUSTARD on that shot!"

That would be cool.

To impliment it i'd forsee some kind of pre-programmed list of pronouncing "sounds", like "ree" and "t". Then i could have my name be r33t mofo and it would say "reet mo-fo caps DS flag".

Or you could just use the ones that voice comms have :)

TreW_SoulJa said:
That would be cool.

To impliment it i'd forsee some kind of pre-programmed list of pronouncing "sounds", like "ree" and "t". Then i could have my name be r33t mofo and it would say "reet mo-fo caps DS flag".

Or you could just use the ones that voice comms have :)

yeah, that'd never work

Sir Lucius said:

Also hire John Madden to do it. "You can't CAP the flag if you don't HAVE the flag Pat!" "Number 44 had some MUSTARD on that shot!"
Yeah that's true. Stuff like that would probably prevent this from happening. Oh well. :(

Sir Lucius said:

rofl..

and the sad thing is I'd fucking laugh my balls off every single time I heard "I AM GAY CAPTURED THE FLAG"

Oh ya. And don't forget the "RAMPAGE" and "HEADSHOT" comments. And for a mortar multiple team-kill accident "F'TARD KILL". It will all be splendiferous.

:rolleyes:

I'd like to see an "intelligent" announcer... For example: I was in a game on the t2 pubs last night and the score was like 624 to 520. With less than a minute left the other team caps and now it's 624-620. 45 seconds left and they get the flag again. We mow down the capper with something like 15 seconds left. Yes, it was actually an entertaining Pub game... but my point is, the announcer needs to say things that pertain to the circumstances of the game. Or maybe have sound effects that enhance the atmosphere... something like a crowd or cheering or something... i dunno...

Back