Spread in PC Gamer

Rigel

Veteran XX
Will T:V be getting a spread in any high profile Gaming Magazines anytime soon (especially PC Gamer)?

I love PC Gamer and I always trust them when buying games, and I think alot of other people do to. Not to mention that PC Gamer has always ranked Tribes games rather well in the past (89% for Tribes 2). That and they said some great things about a game we all love:

"There’s a damn good reason why the original Tribes has a cult following: branching off from Sierra’s quasi-obscure Starsiege universe, Tribes offered the perfect blend of team-based gameplay and first-person-shooter thrills."

*sigh* So yeah, Thrax, any chance of it happening?

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/reviews/archives/review_2001-08-08v.html

I dun trust it if t2 got 89%.

When it gets closer to release, they'll have something, but not a whole year away. ;)

Well, at launch T2 barely deserved the 89% considering the bugs and the lack of servers/players.

Also, I'm not looking for a review, I just was looking for a little blurb where we may get new screenshots and perhaps some gameplay hints. *giggles with anticipation*

Just got a spread (december) in PC powerplay as well, It's an australian mag I think though. States in it, that they're putting in the ability to sprint, so the noobs who cant ski dont have to take such a massive learning curve

Riavan said:
Just got a spread (december) in PC powerplay as well, It's an australian mag I think though. States in it, that they're putting in the ability to sprint, so the noobs who cant ski dont have to take such a massive learning curve
hmm, rtcw/et type of sprint? (the 'boost' that's been mentioned for the energy pack?)

Riavan said:
States in it, that they're putting in the ability to sprint, so the noobs who cant ski dont have to take such a massive learning curve
What in the fuck?
Give them reason to have to ski... don't give them something to keep them from it.

I emailed the editor of PCFormat magazine which is a high profile magazine here in the uk. I asked him could they feature tribes vengeance and maybe do an interview and they had a little teaser in the magazine a while ago which was good but not what i wanted. so i emailed them back and now they said they would be having a 2 page article on it in next months release.

yeah, I really like PC Gamer as well....they have always been fans of Tribes, as a matter of fact, i think they kinda based planetside for trying to be tribes but failing

Riavan said:

Direct quote or scan of page, or you are a bat.

RegisteredFruit said:
What in the fuck?
Give them reason to have to ski... don't give them something to keep them from it.
it won't keep them from it.. once they realize that skiing is a hell of a lot better than using sprint, then waiting for your EP to recharge, then do it again.. etc.. where as skiing is constant speed + the sprint/boost.

but sprint will be better for those indoor situations. If you want to sky, buy a ski pack or something. :p

Skiing, i admit, has been useful. But a sprint will help me out a lot more (covering large distances the normal speed or by using vehicles has never bothered me). As will a DUCK and PRONE, if it ever happens.

Hey, i think that idea has some merit. A ski pack, which adds effects to your shoes, and allows you the bonus of skiing. But that in itself may be kinda pointless... but then again, those with energy packs would have to make due without it, which puts the slippery man at the advantage.

2 great outdoor dueling packs, that would be interesting.

yes well, you can't ski in-doors anyway, so you're not discouraging anyone from anything, you're just adding an interesting feature that will make in-door combat more interesting, besides adding more speed.

Roadkill(er) said:
but sprint will be better for those indoor situations. If you want to sky, buy a ski pack or something. :p

Skiing, i admit, has been useful. But a sprint will help me out a lot more (covering large distances the normal speed or by using vehicles has never bothered me). As will a DUCK and PRONE, if it ever happens.

Hey, i think that idea has some merit. A ski pack, which adds effects to your shoes, and allows you the bonus of skiing. But that in itself may be kinda pointless... but then again, those with energy packs would have to make due without it, which puts the slippery man at the advantage.

2 great outdoor dueling packs, that would be interesting.
Yeah, skiiing was lame anyway.

I wonder what button I'll bind to sprint... my usual sprint button is bound to zoom. Tribes already has a lot of buttons. They don't need to add another one that is pointless.

PLEASE have them make that Airplane instruction pamplet-like thing they had for T2.

I :rofl:ed when I first saw it.

How's about it, Mr. PA Manager?

Back