Vehical ideas [T/V]

I

-\/iTAL-

I know this topic has been done to near death on every tribes forum, but im new to this particular one and would love to hear you guys ideas.

1. 4 wheeler ATV or something similar thats very fast, very agile, and has good traction. a cappers vehical, maybe this role is filled by the buggy? i dont know. Id like to do away with the T2 style hover ground vehicals, they didnt stop fast enough and it was to easy to get stuck and in awkward positions, i like some traction, wheels all the way.

2. some sort of light fast drop ship that carried maybe 2-4 people, to get people out of (or in) trouble fast.

3. i know this will never happen, but wouldnt it be grate to see some Mechs? big heavily armoured matrix revolutions style mechs you could take control of.

what do you think people?

-\/iTAL- said:
I know this topic has been done to near death on every tribes forum, but im new to this particular one and would love to hear you guys ideas.

1. 4 wheeler ATV or something similar thats very fast, very agile, and has good traction. a cappers vehical, maybe this role is filled by the buggy? i dont know. Id like to do away with the T2 style hover ground vehicals, they didnt stop fast enough and it was to easy to get stuck and in awkward positions, i like some traction, wheels all the way.
pretty much useless since theres no shitty physics this time around (skiing++)

2. some sort of light fast drop ship that carried maybe 2-4 people, to get people out of (or in) trouble fast.
like an lpc? that thing that never got used, even in pubs?

3. i know this will never happen, but wouldnt it be grate to see some Mechs? big heavily armoured matrix revolutions style mechs you could take control of.
guess what the heavy is.

Welcome to Tribalwar. The first thing you could do to help people is to start working on your grammar. Here's a hint: vehicle.

Darkfire said:
No.. that mod better not be sold with t:v.
It won't be a part of T:V. It is a total conversion. I was pointing out that you can play a mecha game with the engine when it comes out so there's no point in making mechs as a part of the game.

Darkfire said:
No.. that mod better not be sold with t:v.

wtf do you care if a mod, especially one of that quality, is sold with a game? Afterall its a mod, and you won't be forced to play it. SS:2845 is shaping up to be a game worthy of its own release, so getting it along with T:V would be two games in one, for the same price. How can you be against that? Think man, think.

I think a super fast lpc that could carry 2-4 people would be cool... especially if the players were mounted from the bottom of the ship(like a hanging rollercoaster). That way it would be advantageous has players could more easily detach, and fire(not hitting the ship). Also you could crush the people hanging if you got too close to the ground. Detaching from a moving ship would be like dropping a bomb :)
Fling :D

A mod should be downloaded like all mods are and if its good enough to be bundled with a game i think it should be good enough to be sold as its own game.

Darkfire said:
A mod should be downloaded like all mods are and if its good enough to be bundled with a game i think it should be good enough to be sold as its own game.

So you are going to complain when a mod good enough to be SOLD is GIVEN to you for FREE?! Your logic makes no sense.

I would like to see some water type vehicles in the game for possible water type levels. I think it would be a nice addon, and since the jump key could be used for wading in the water, while jets would be used to swimming/geting out of water. I would like to see players drown too if they dont swim, hehe.

Oh, for the type of vehicles I would like to see for water, 1-3 different types.

A jetski type for lights only that has a machine gun type mount.

Pontoon type for mass carry of players, 4-6 players dependant on heavy/medium.

and a assult speed craft, like a speed boat thats a two seater. where one pilots, and another fires a BIG machine gun.

Last edited:
Wow, a lot of that SS:2845 stuff originally appeared in Starsiege back in 1998, so I think it's kinda the other way around.

No, just no. "mass carry" of players in a water vehicle, is wrong on so many levels it just isn't funny.

posr said:
I would like to see some water type vehicles in the game for possible water type levels. I think it would be a nice addon, and since the jump key could be used for wading in the water, while jets would be used to swimming/geting out of water. I would like to see players drown too if they dont swim, hehe.

Oh, for the type of vehicles I would like to see for water, 1-3 different types.

A jetski type for lights only that has a machine gun type mount.

Pontoon type for mass carry of players, 4-6 players dependant on heavy/medium.

and a assult speed craft, like a speed boat thats a two seater. where one pilots, and another fires a BIG machine gun.

fact: planetside was based off of tribes.

boats are just not going to work. It's just too limited, and you'd need a special vehicle pad to create it on.

In terms of water, that sound you heard when you jumped into the water in T2 is a rebreather. I don't think it's necessary to destroy it in T:V. It wasn't in T1 because there was no water. Making water lethal to heavies would destroy gameplay.

I'd like to say that i would like a return of the wildcat, but with differences. Forget the chaingun, replace with blaster. make the 2 normal sideways controls make the character lean, for tight turns. The anti-gravy, or just plain hover technology, does not have to be limited to be facing towards the bottom of the vehicle at all times, i would expect it to rotate have to adapt to wherever gravity happens to be. (though not all the way, else you would have the vehicle repelling the rider into the ground at times). An angled support antigrave emmiter placed on each side of the vehicle to control tight turns, if you need explanations. Exactly how far over a character should be able to lean will have to be determined by testing. A double tap of a side keys, makes a hard lean, when done correctly at the right time and place, will result in full roll. Thruster power (jet key, basically) can be converted to power the angled antigrav emmitters, perhaps making this manuever capable on solid ground. Makes for some sweet eye candy, interesting deaths and dodges.

From what i have seen of the buggies: add automatic stabilizers at the bottom. Make them thruster triggered, or automatic, but else you'll have alot of rolls.

Also, on the lighter vehicles, i would especially like to see roll cages. I'm getting friggin pissed about vehicles that roll easily, and blow up as soon as they get within a 30 degrees of upside down. If you make a vehicle, and you know it will roll easy, make it look like an actual engineer made it, and incorporate roll cages.

If you have a 4-wheeler replacement for the wildcat, i expect 2 chainguns or blasters, not one, to make up for lost manuverability and to take advantage of greater stability.

For shrike -- something that can be controlled and manuevered like a jet would be nice. Not to mention equipped like one. Shrike, to me, seems like a joke. AN ineffective war vehicle, though far better than its T1 counterpart. On this subject i say screw the timeline, they wouldn't have shitty vehicles in real life to begin with. And give the bomber an AA gun that works (IE minigun)

Tanks, though, should be more stable, more powerful, and its mortars should not bounce (though can still go far). And wtf is up with immensely inaccurate chaingun?

that's my rant.

Back