Intorudction of major tribes?

Roadkill(er)

Veteran X
I've never really become part of a clan or tribe, though i've considered it many times. As i browse through the list, i just see clans with slapped together names, or claiming they are the elite subdivision of one of the greater tribes.

The major tribes never really served much of a point, until T:V's single player. But i would like to see them serve even more of a point. I would actually like to see these major tribes out on the battlefield in multiplayer.

These major tribes can have ranking systems, based on number of kills, and later on in the ranks, kill to death ratio and higher up (sierra employees, probably at first) recommendation. Class names also given on method of death and destruction (sniper for excess laser rifle kills, demolitionist for those who tend to destroy alot of things, etc). With ranks and a small symbol identifying a person's class next to their name, this would greatly improve the command hud, and give it a more structured and purposeful feel.

sub tribes would have to be recognized by the main, and will have the same system of ranking.

Seperate tribes are allowed to design their own ranking system, or stick with original systems.

No tribe-original weapons, vehicles, or packs are going to be really effective, as they would be scavenged on the battlefield and incorporated into the other tribes loadouts. But they could have original designs of the same weapons...

This probably will not be incorporated, as i would not think sierra likely to take up this for free, but they would also not like to use the discouraging practice of feeing ladder and major tribe teams.

What's ya'lls take on this?

*edit* and i apologize for the misspelled title. Some fingers are faster than others.

Are you trying to say that I'm in clan XXX, which is part of Children of the Phoenix or something? I think I kinda get what you're saying, and it's a cool idea, but I don't think anything like that is going to happen.

Seems like a bad use of resources.

Plus, competetive maps will have BE/CoF/Imp sides already, and it would be confusing if the LuciousBandofMerryMen were a divison of Imp and playing CoF while 515notasgoodasLucius'sawesometeam were a divison of CoF and playing Imp. Cuz not all map sides will be symetrical it looks like.

The purpose of this is to get rid of clans that say they are the elite part of this big clan, when they have no relation at all to it.

On short, i am just not real fond of stupidity. I admitted (or thought i did) that it is unlikely to happen, but would be neat, as battles actually have consequences in an overall war.

not a bad idea really, but as Theta said, when it comes down to it, not many people would really care about it most likely. But yeah, that seems more suited for a MMO

It would be interesting if the maps played and the challenges availiable were determined by some sort of galactic map. Meaning you could only challenge neighboring systems, and those planets would be assigned a permanant map. It could easily be external to the actual game in some sort of special ladder, I guess.

As for the ranking/position icons, that can also be modded into the game I suppose.
It would certainly be handy, and I do like the idea of a universal ranking system, but if it takes resources to run it (server, bandwith), it's probably not going to be done by the dev team.

That shouldn't stop someone else from doing it though.

What clan claims that it is elite based on the fact that it is part of a story-line tribe? I've never seen this. I can even imagine this happening...Have you ever played Tribes before?

i have not viewed clans, but on the old t1 website, while browsing through clans and their breif descriptions, i came across many that claimed "we are the elite of the Diamond sword clans, few make it here" In fact, if i recall, someone made a skin for the "elite" or "spec-op" diamond sword clan.

Please, feel free to look for yourself.

heaven forbid someone wants to make a slight connection to the universe of the game...

I dont see how implementing a giant, real time ranking system would accomplish anything useful. Look at how the t2 browser had issues just maintaing the playerbase information. now imagine adding an updating ranking system pulling information from EVERY server thats online...I could see it being up and running until 2pm the day T:V is released

Back